The three photos of the strat with the Lagwagon sticker were taken on the 1997 Warped Tour at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, New Jersey. Rhythm Collision was one of the bands that played at the Cheshire Cat release party, as did Strung Out. RC's set (awesome band) was filmed and was posted on YouTube and can be found here: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Rhythm Collision was one of the bands that played at the Cheshire Cat release party, as did Strung Out according to the official timeline on the forum.

yes, i provided the article to boxelder which confirmed the date and lineup:

reader.jpg

it's funny, for years i assumed that the "sticker strat" as i called it was destroyed during the first josie video shoot. because it was shot underwater, they had to bring equipment they were willing to trash. but this still from the video proves tom used one of his brand new sponsor-gifted gibson les pauls instead:

josie-aborted.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Q182 said:

Nice. What did you think of the other bands that played?

well, that was like 22.5 years ago. how many things do you remember well from over two decades ago? ^-^

i saw rhythm collision and tiltwheel each a few times back then. not bad. i've seen strung out probably a dozen times over the years. they're terrific, of course.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it's funny, for years i assumed that the "sticker strat" as i called it was destroyed during the first josie video shoot. because it was shot underwater, they had to bring equipment they were willing to trash. but this still from the video proves tom used one of his brand new sponsor-gifted gibson les pauls instead:

I thought the same thing. 

16 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

well, that was like 22.5 years ago. how many things do you remember well from over two decades ago? ^-^

i saw rhythm collision and tiltwheel each a few times back then. not bad. i've seen strung out probably a dozen times over the years. they're terrific, of course.

Lol nice. I've tried finding a few RC stickers on the net now and then because the days of when bands put stickers in records (I don't have any of their records, I do have one of their vintage shirts from the 90's). I've seen Strung Out twice in May and August 2015 when their newest record came out and on the Fat Wreck 25 Tour (which is also funny because Lagwagon and NOFX were on that tour as well).

• Like 1

btw, if anyone is interested in making one of these replicas, your best body option is the Fender Squier Deluxe Hot Rails Strat:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-deluxe-hot-rails-strat-electric-guitar/519754000215000

right colors and neck; knobs and switch cap need to be swapped to white. electronics are decent, just upgrade the pickups. and then start stickering away.

5 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Haha awesome. I've redone a few of them in photoshop 

yea that's just a high res scan of the album cover, then i live traced in illustrator and gave it the right color. they'll be a mix...i'm likely to go vector on the pure text ones. do you know brands of the world? lots of old company logos archived there in vector format. for example, they have the proper arnette:

https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/logo?search_api_views_fulltext=arnette

• Like 1

This thread is so interesting. Still my favourite guitar to this day. If you wonder what's written under the Ten Foot Pole sticker, it says everything falls apart and more. 

Let us know how the stickers replica is going though. I would love to print some of them myself just to have them.

This is the pink Queers sticker you're looking for:

QLOGO.GIF

• Like 2

Yep, that's the one. There were also some airwalk cursive logo stickers. If I recall correctly there were three of them, two on the body one on the pickguard. One that's boggled my mind for awhile was the blue thing was under Rhythm Collision.

26 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Yep, that's the one. There were also some airwalk cursive logo stickers. If I recall correctly there were three of them, two on the body one on the pickguard. One that's boggled my mind for awhile was the blue thing was under Rhythm Collision.

Do we know where that blue kid with the megaphone under Rhythm Collision comes from? 

Never mind, I just found out that it comes with the Rhythm Collision sticker.RC-Harries_front.jpg

Another reason why I love that guitar is that it got me into so many sick bands I probably wouldn't have discovered any other way when I was 13-14.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Never mind, I just found out that it comes with the Rhythm Collision sticker. Another reason why I love that guitar is that it got me into so many sick bands I probably wouldn't have discovered any other way when I was 13-14.

yup

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

he's actually pointing a handgun. that's part of the rhythm collision sticker.

cheers,

dave

I always thought it was a megaphone until I saw that clearer picture haha