40 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I also noticed this. Most Demons as far as I know have the hex screws in the top row (like in the photo I linked) with the flatheads underneath.

I'm guessing this may have been a production aesthetic thing; I couldn't imagine the sound changing drastically, if not at all if the screw types switched positions (I'm not a pickup expert so bare with me). Plus obviously, the pickup wasn't installed upside down; early era SD stacked pickups (both the rails and Jr.'s) were one piece and did not feature the plastic covers like the currently produced ones.

I wonder if there is a possibility that they replaced with hex screws because of rust in a jb jr or if like you said they just flip flopped them on a screamin. 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

You guys are freaks and I love it 

Thanks! All we want is to get the facts straight!

I must ask do you actually have the blues? Does it make you sad? Does it bring you down? Lol

I was just jamming out to Live Fast this morning. Fantastic album.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Thanks! All we want is to get the facts straight!

I must ask do you actually have the blues? Does it make you sad? Does it bring you down? Lol

I was just jamming out to Live Fast this morning. Fantastic album.

Oh for sure, in regards to getting the facts straight! I love getting it down to the T, I hate replicas that aren’t remotely close to the real thing. Whether we’re talking about instruments or sports jerseys. In regards to the name, it’s actually a reference to Jonny Two Bags, the 2nd guitarist in Social Distortion, and not the Vandals song. Although Vandals are sweet too!

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Two Bags said:

Oh for sure, in regards to getting the facts straight! I love getting it down to the T, I hate replicas that aren’t remotely close to the real thing. Whether we’re talking about instruments or sports jerseys. In regards to the name, it’s actually a reference to Jonny Two Bags, the 2nd guitarist in Social Distortion, and not the Vandals song. Although Vandals are sweet too!

100%! I was just saying elsewhere on the interwebs whenever I make a Sticker Strat replica (god knows when), I'll make it in its current condition with the black tape and blink stickers. Tom and his camp continue to beat around the bush and not show us a complete shot of the guitar, it would give people a clearer idea of what it looks like now. Plus as far as I know, no one has done it yet (chances are someone will read this and beat me to it lol)

Oh yeah! I know Jonny Two Bags is Social D's guitar player (for whom the song is written), I was just jamming out to Live Fast and that's what came to mind in the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

I wonder if there is a possibility that they replaced with hex screws because of rust in a jb jr or if like you said they just flip flopped them on a screamin. 

On Tom's guitar? Not possible, as he never used the middle pickup when the X2N came into play. I believe the Lil' Demon's came out at the same time as the JB Jr.'s; they're the single coil version of the Screamin' Demon humbucker, which have the exact same screw sets for the poles (hex & flat).

36 minutes ago, Q182 said:

100%! I was just saying elsewhere on the interwebs whenever I make a Sticker Strat replica (god knows when), I'll make it in its current condition with the black tape and blink stickers. Tom and his camp continue to beat around the bush and not show us a complete shot of the guitar, it would give people a clearer idea of what it looks like now. Plus as far as I know, no one has done it yet (chances are someone will read this and beat me to it lol)

Oh yeah! I know Jonny Two Bags is Social D's guitar player (for whom the song is written), I was just jamming out to Live Fast and that's what came to mind in the moment.

That’s awesome, I did not know that was written about him. Should have assumed though, stupid me!

1 hour ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Jon posted another pic on instagram

was the middle pickup changed when bridge was changed to invader?

So we have no idea when the X2N and JB Jr. were swapped for the Invader and Demon respectively. As far as we know he had the X2N until at least November 1997. You can see in photos and video from UC Irvine 11/26/1997 it still has the X2N, and presumably JB Jr. in the middle.

• Like 1

Yeah i was mostly speculating. Weird why he would change the middle pickup he pretty much never used. I wonder if it was an attempt at finding a new sound with the invader/ demon and then he ultimately decided on just going with the bridge pickup on his fender

20 minutes ago, Depf said:

Wait, how did Jon get those?

To my (limited) knowledge the SH8 debuted on stage in the Les Paul. 

So hot rails/jb jr/x2n is the setup people heard and saw

destickered hot rails/demon/invader when it was already in the closet

He has connections with Tom’s manager. Thats another story entirely...anyway!

Yeah, the invader appeared in the LP’s in 1998, long after the sticker was retired. At the time when he had the sticker and the wine red LP, the latter was stock.

Still makes me wonder why the middle pickup would be swapped when he never, ever used it. The invader makes sense, to be consistent with his signature strat.

Which leads me to think the pickup change was done by Fender in 99 when he received his first round of custom Strats. This is pure conjecture, but to me it makes the most sense at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

didnt he play his LPs starting with snocore 98? 

Check the video I mentioned; UC Irvine 11/26/1997. For the first two songs, he uses the sticker strat. Then he switches to the wine red Les Paul before the mods.

Just now, Depf said:

hard to see whats in the bridge there, guessing x2n? what do you see? Is there any known footage of the stickerstrat being played with the sh8?

It’s the X2N, we have a few photos to back this up as well (I’ll share them in a moment).

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

do you really use these when you play bass?

[red tortex]

I use the .73 yellow for bass. I’ve also played with a .60 orange and understand why hoppus and fat mike like them.

• Like 1