12 minutes ago, Depf said:

yes, what i meant is that (at least to my knowledge) the s8 had its stage debut in the les paul. thanks for the pics!

oh man, if tom just played some stock mexican standard strat through a marshall from 92-14  we'd probably would have achieved peace in the middle east or cured aids. or found extra ter...not going there

LOL.

Yeah I have no idea if the Sticker Strat or the LP got the Invader first because remember his LPs were stock in 98 for a bit. The Recovery Australia videos show stock LP (stock pickups with covers, pickguard, all the knobs still there - I based my replica on this config).

• Like 1

Timeline for Tom's Sticker Strat

With the amazing hard work that every users on this thread has accomplished and done for this surreal project (huge shout-out to the OG's @daveyjones, @Q182, @blinkstillrules, @Ry-Bread), I have also decided to do my own little timeline project for this iconic guitar (I previously started a timeline on page 41 on this thread however I left it without updating it very often and focusing more on the official comprehensive timeline). 

I have in addition to videos, footage of the guitar in action also added some pictures from my archives for shows!

I'll definitely keep the sticker strat timeline as up-to-date and if anyone sees any shows or pictures missing, please let me know and I'll add them!

Stay safe!

https://blink-182online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43458-tom-delonge-stratocaster-replica-cheshire-cat-dude-ranch-era/page/41/

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some more photos of the 2021 Sticker Strat from Tom's manager Jeff!

full-body-2021.jpg

You can see clear as day outlines for the Descendents album titles and the X in NOFX

neck-2021.jpg

Of course the first thing I did was check that friggin' serial number; N391934. And...

sticker-strat-serial-no.png

N serial Fenders indicate it was made in the 1990's, 3 meaning it left the factory in 1993 or early 1994. Confirming the original guitar is indeed a 40th Anniversary Strat!

It is also needing a big helping of tlc. Fresh intonation and setup (saddles not staggered properly). Possibly a new pickguard *sigh* you can see its warped by the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Very cool discovery!

I don't think that this has been mentioned yet.

In regards to the very first footage of the guitar at that October 7th 1994 show, the very first sticker that Tom put on his Sticker Strat is a Beverly Hills 90210 sticker (that sticker is also on Mark's bass as well as his t-shirt at the end of the show!)

If anyone wants to make a replica of the very first form and incarnation of the guitar, this is the very first sticker on it!

1:51/ 1:54 on Tom's guitar and an amazing close-up of the exact same sticker at 4:04 on Mark's bass regarding the footage

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question regarding Tom's guitar strap in particular. Anyone know why Tom added duct tape on his guitar strap ?

Time for my timeline research!

Marble Gray Duct Tape Strap (used September 1996 up until April 1997)

For a brief period of time, Tom changed his famous lightning guitar strap right after the Warped Tour 1996 (and changed it to a marble gray strap which he then later added duct tape on it for some reason). The very first picture of this new marble gray strap (without the duct tape) is from this show with a picture (9/21/1996: The band performs at the El Mocambo in Toronto, Canada). 

Tom would use that particular strap where it would last appear at the Snow Bored? Snowboard & Music Festival show (4/12/1997).

Spoiler

1996-09-21 Toronto, Canada - El Mocambo 2.jpg

Here is a short timeline of the "duct tape" strap!

11/1/1996: The band performs at SOMA in San Diego, California. Huge shout-out and credits to the board legend and historian @daveyjones for those insane and amazing pictures!

Spoiler

SOMA-01.jpgSOMA-03.jpg

12/31/1996: The band performs at the Snow King Center in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, as a part of Get Travel Invasion. 

Spoiler

we can clearly see the duct tape on his guitar strap at 15:31

XX-XX-1996 The band performs at a private house party at an unknown location . Those pictures are definitely late 1996 with the duct tape clearly shown on those pictures)

Spoiler

3a0f53ab8a9310bfbd2a8e31ecd5d65248f1e50a

b940e86043b2c493aed49f4f298a7e91337b70ca

Late 1996- early 1997 : The band performs an unknown show in San Diego. It's unsure of the year of this show. Best picture of the duct tape strap that we have!

1/3/1997: The band performs at ? in South Lake Tahoe, California as a part of Get Travel Invasion.

Spoiler

tumblr_mxyvqlGFW11rvx3wro5_500.jpg

tumblr_mxyvqlGFW11rvx3wro4_400.jpg

tumblr_mxyvqlGFW11rvx3wro3_500.jpg

tumblr_mxyvxaQACr1rvx3wro2_250.jpg

1/24/1997: The band performs at the Ventura Theatre in Ventura, California.

Spoiler

4bR9lDT.jpg

2/8/1997: The band performs at the Nile Theater, in Mesa, Arizona

Spoiler

3/15/1997: The band performs at Bear Mountain Ski Resort in Big Bear, California for Board Aid 4.

Spoiler

tom02.jpgrock-band-blink-182-mark-hoppus-travis-brock-band-blink-182-travis-barker-mark-hrock-band-blink-182-mark-hoppus-travis-brock-band-blink-182-mark-hoppus-travis-brock-band-blink-182-mark-hoppus-travis-bpunk-rock-band-blink-182-perform-at-the-

3/29/1997: The band performs at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia as a part of Equinox Festival.

Spoiler

tumblr_n17byavOiO1rvx3wro2_1280.jpg

4/12/1997: The band performs at Boreal Mountain Resort in Soda Springs, California, as a part of Snow Bored? Snowboard & Music Festival (last known footage of the duct tape guitar strap). Between April and June 1997, Tom changes his strap to a black strap where it first makes it's first appearance in the "Dammit" music video.

Spoiler

tumblr_mtw0p9AhCw1rvx3wro1_400.jpg

• 2 months later...

@daveyjones@Q182 hey i don’t know if you guys have already discussed this or you guys care, but I have a vintage x2n from about the 90s and a new one from 2020 and they both sound pretty diffrent from each other. I dont know if you guys are still trying to get that tone, but theres a good youtube video explaining the differences between them both( the vintage and new version). 

Just now, Burgersandcole said:

@daveyjones@Q182 hey i don’t know if you guys have already discussed this or you guys care, but I have a vintage x2n from about the 90s and a new one from 2020 and they both sound pretty diffrent from each other. I dont know if you guys are still trying to get that tone, but theres a good youtube video explaining the differences between them both( the vintage and new version). 

@blinkstillrules it wasnt letting me tag you too