1 hour ago, Q182 said:

I’m agreeing with the comments section on this. The ‘79 is a bit brighter and more focused, where as the 2019 has more lows and is more unfocused.

Yeah definitely, I have essentially two sticker strats one is a replica the other is like a semi replica (it has like my own stickers on it) but i used to just chalk up the tone difference being that the new one is a full thickness strat body. But the vintage one on my replica is alot more grindy and brighter. 

I just did some in-depth research in regards to a particular footage of the strat (and I found out that the date that I had in my records was completely wrong) and I wanted to clear it up here.

For some reason I had it saved to 11th March 1996 (but it doesn't make sense as Tom and Mark are wearing both white t-shirts on that date) so it all makes sense now!

With proof at 0:07 with the date 

8/25/1996: The band performs at Sona in Montreal, PQ, Canada.

PS : this footage is right after the Warped Tour 1996 in the brief period with the marble gray strap that doesn't have duct tape on it yet

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

I'm mailing Tom a set of stickers to resticker his strat this week via his tour manager!

I would never have thought when starting this thread in 2016 that it would come full circle to this wow 😮

Huge thanks and massive props to @Elisa for sending me this (as I've never seen this footage before and it features Tom using his sticker strat, I have in my archives pictures of that show too as well as the flyer).

This is from a unknown date at a benefit concert for Adam Mejia

https://www.facebook.com/wiscrack/videos/192711968761121/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge props to board member rjphoto here who shared this absolute gem of a picture from 1994 in regards to the strat (precisely from this show 12/8/1994: The band performs at Huntridge Theater in Las Vegas, Nevada)!

Big difference between this picture and the footage from October 1994 where Tom has started the stickering process!

Can clearly see the Ten Foot Pole and the anime logo for sure!

v8MOTPx.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1