So mine was going to be finished last night (minus back stickers)

6QLqf3p.jpg

but i was shipped a set of tuners that had two different lengths. So getting that sorted out with the seller.

W6zdmBz.jpg

Also to be noted that the string saddles are super cramped on this squier bridge. But it works for now. Going to swap the bridge in a month or so after i move into my new place and get settled

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

So mine was going to be finished last night (minus back stickers) but i was shipped a set of tuners that had two different lengths. So getting that sorted out with the seller.

the string saddles are super cramped on this squier bridge. Going to swap the bridge in a month or so 

Looks great so far! As far as the bridge swap, I would look into Callahan for that. They make great stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

but i was shipped a set of tuners that had two different lengths. So getting that sorted out with the seller.

Isn't that typical for Fender and Fender-style guitars? All of my Fenders have tuners that are taller for the three lowest strings and shorter for the high strings.

9 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Isn't that typical for Fender and Fender-style guitars? All of my Fenders have tuners that are taller for the three lowest strings and shorter for the high strings.

Mine are as well!

"When buying the Fender locking guitar tuners I've found they come in two different styles. One style has the low E, A and D tuning pegs taller than the G, B, and High E tuning pegs. The other style has all tuning pegs the same height. The first style works great with both a roller nut, and a regular bone nut because it reduces the string angle at the first three strings, and eliminates the need for string tees. The second style should only be used with a roller nut, or with string tees."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Double-Wide Death Stain said:

Did you remove your string trees, @Patient #48273?

I've been thinking about it since I got the staggered tuners. I currently have two string trees on my strat and I'm not really seeing the point to them with the new tuners ... if anything I'd just keep the B and E one.

My guitars came with staggered tuners and one string tree (B & E), so I've left them there. So it sounds like you could definitely get rid of the other one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

My guitars came with staggered tuners and one string tree (B & E), so I've left them there. So it sounds like you could definitely get rid of the other one.

I'm gonna do it, Laura!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Not sure, these were two completely different styles though and the smaller ones barely fit far enough to get a string through! And it was 2 of the tall and 4 of the short. They were repackaged and taken off of a fender strat and tele the seller was super apologetic and is sending a new set today

30 minutes ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Not sure, these were two completely different styles though and the smaller ones barely fit far enough to get a string through! And it was 2 of the tall and 4 of the short. They were repackaged and taken off of a fender strat and tele the seller was super apologetic and is sending a new set today

That does sound weird. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

• Like 1

@daveyjones @Q182 @Ry-Bread

I've got a teaser picture of the sticker strat headstock taken yesterday by Tom's tour manager/tech. For some reason they still won't show the entire guitar.

You can see the discoloration from where "Descendents" was on the headstock too.

He cut one of the bunny's from the 97-98 era blink 182 bunny sticker and placed it over the clover. You can see the edge of the clover slightly near the tuning machine. This is the same bunny that was placed in between the pickups on one of the Les Pauls.

Here's the headstockkM9Y46n.jpg

Here's the sticker the bunny was cut from

v8uKxPV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

So someone posted this photo that was sent to them by someone in Tom's camp today:

2021.jpg

This amazing photo tell us two things:

1. Tom squeezed a sliver of sticker between the neck and Hot Rails

2. That middle pickup is NOT a JB Jr.! It's a Lil' Screamin' Demon

Here's how I figured that out:

Take note of the screws for the poles of the pickup; it features one row of flatheads and one row of hex screws

Here's your average JB Jr. pickup; note it has all flatheads screws

300500000001064-00-500x500.jpg

Here's your average Lil' Screamin' Demon; it features one row of flatheads and one row of hex screws. Which matches the Sticker Strat.

510yKnYL20L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

So either the Demon has been in the guitar this entire time, or he swapped it at a certain point. I’m guessing the latter because the hero 1997 image shows two rows of [very rusted] flathead screws, indicating JB Jr.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

yea based on the pics i have i call swapped. the easiest tell is all the screw heads, both rows, are rusted by 1997.

100%. Funny enough I had a feeling when dove down the rabbit hole that is this guitar back in 2013/14, I was torn between the Demon and the JB Jr. based on the look and sonic qualities of both pickups. I definitely agree there was swappage; as for when this happened is beyond me.

Plus, we can confirm with that photo the markings are indeed electrical tape and not sharpie. I know that we got confirmation from Tom's tech, but certainly does help having photographic evidence. 

16 hours ago, Q182 said:

So someone posted this photo that was sent to them by someone in Tom's camp today:

2021.jpg

This amazing photo tell us two things:

1. Tom squeezed a sliver of sticker between the neck and Hot Rails

2. That middle pickup is NOT a JB Jr.! It's a Lil' Screamin' Demon

Here's how I figured that out:

Take note of the screws for the poles of the pickup; it features one row of flatheads and one row of hex screws

Here's your average JB Jr. pickup; note it has all flatheads screws

300500000001064-00-500x500.jpg

Here's your average Lil' Screamin' Demon; it features one row of flatheads and one row of hex screws. Which matches the Sticker Strat.

510yKnYL20L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

So either the Demon has been in the guitar this entire time, or he swapped it at a certain point. I’m guessing the latter.

Its weird that the hex screws are on the bottom on Toms. I dont see a screaming demon with the screws flipped anywhere after a search. 

2 hours ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Its weird that the hex screws are on the bottom on Toms. I don't see a screaming demon with the screws flipped anywhere after a search. 

I also noticed this. Most Demons as far as I know have the hex screws in the top row (like in the photo I linked) with the flatheads underneath.

I'm guessing this may have been a production aesthetic thing; I couldn't imagine the sound changing drastically, if not at all if the screw types switched positions (I'm not a pickup expert so bare with me). Plus obviously, the pickup wasn't installed upside down on Tom's guitar; early era SD stacked pickups (both the rails and Jr.'s) were one piece and did not feature the plastic covers like the currently produced ones.

Food for thought while on this specific topic; for those wanting to make "down to the science" replicas of this guitar. the early SD stacked pickups do not feature the plastic covers. Both Tom's hot rails and JB Jr./Demon look like this:

daghsisypm5po9oltoxq.jpg