37 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Yeah, the invader appeared in the LP’s in 1998, long after the sticker was retired. 

didnt he play his LPs starting with snocore 98? that'd be like 6 weeks after the sticker strat in its known config was retired.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stickers from Davey came! 1 hour work and it's done! Here is the final result. I think it looks cool.

Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone.  This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratoc

Also just posted this last night:    and am working on a long video with exact sticker placement Davey and I did that we hope provides folks with everything they’ll ever need for y

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

didnt he play his LPs starting with snocore 98? 

Check the video I mentioned; UC Irvine 11/26/1997. For the first two songs, he uses the sticker strat. Then he switches to the wine red Les Paul before the mods.

hard to see whats in the bridge there, guessing x2n? what do you see? Is there any known footage of the stickerstrat being played with the sh8?

Just now, Depf said:

hard to see whats in the bridge there, guessing x2n? what do you see? Is there any known footage of the stickerstrat being played with the sh8?

It’s the X2N, we have a few photos to back this up as well (I’ll share them in a moment).

Just now, Q182 said:

It’s the X2N, we have a few photos to back this up as well (I’ll share them in a moment).

all good, as long as my timeline x2n strat > les paul standard > LP with sh8 > sig strat stands I'm good. thanks though 🙋‍♂️

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

do you really use these when you play bass?

[red tortex]

I use the .73 yellow for bass. I’ve also played with a .60 orange and understand why hoppus and fat mike like them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I use .73 for guitar most of the time. I'll use .50 sometimes if I'm just strumming on an acoustic though.

On your 9 gauge string, you apologist!

6 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

What picks do you use though?

.60s, like the good lord intended.

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

It's definitely a good beginner pick.

It was great in the beginning, you're right! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's served me well for 18 years!

13 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

As long as week can agree that Jazz IIIs are for dweebs.

They're great if you like playing like an asshole and being a major regret for your parents!

• Like 2
Just now, daveyjones said:

i play both guitar and bass with tortex reds, yup. .50mm. the oranges (.60mm) are just too thick for me.

Interesting. I only used .50s (for guitar and bass) for years because they were the first picks I ever bought and they got the job done, but after trying out the full tortex range, I settled on .73. I don't play bass much, but I usually go up to 1mm or so when I do.

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I settled on .73. I don't play bass much, but I usually go up to 1mm or so when I do.

my thinking is, the bass is plugged in. you don't need to hit the strings very hard.

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

my thinking is, the bass is plugged in. you don't need to hit the strings very hard.

This is true but flimsy picks create a scraping sound and you don't get that good, solid note.

• Like 2
  • Thibaut182 changed the title to Tom Delonge Sticker Stratocaster Replica (October 1994- November 1997)