12 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Here's where Sack Lunch and The Vandals (photo is '96 Warped Tour):

Inked3112523132_a4fb316da7_z_LI.jpg

Sack Lunch is circled in black, The Vandals is circled in red

3112523132_a4fb316da7_z.jpg

Here is the unedited image if the the first one doesn't work. I noted that Sack Lunch is placed upside down. 

great catch here. they are harder to see in the other shots. this appears to be warped 96.

Davey, are you sure that the single head rig is the tube loaded VL? I note because this is Tom's rig from the 10/8/1996 at the Whiskey:

Blink-182_at_the_Whiskey_in_Los_Angeles_

The bottom head is definetly a VL (controls layout is identical to mine). Still a little fuzzy on the top one. 

Just now, Q182 said:

I believe thats the 'mint' sticker we referred to earlier

I think there are two new green stickers, one is under The Vandals and the other under Gorilla Biscuits. I think the one we are calling MINT is probably a Pivit sticker. @daveyjones what do you say? 

On 6/25/2017 at 2:51 PM, Q182 said:

Davey, are you sure that the single head rig is the tube loaded VL? I note because this is Tom's rig from the 10/8/1996 at the Whiskey:

you've solved the mystery! the top ampeg is the one seen in the DML shot, and the bottom one is the VL. both 'blink' graphics behind the light plate have been removed. that bottom one is VL, tom told me himself in 1996. but i never knew anything about the other one; i just assumed based on the panel configuration that it was a cheaper ampeg solid state.

On 6/25/2017 at 5:59 PM, daveyjones said:

how did you find this shot? in the print i have from kerry himself, this is cropped out of the right of the frame. it's also cropped on his flickr.

you've solved the mystery! the top ampeg is the one seen in the DML shot, and the bottom one is the VL. both 'blink' graphics behind the light plate have been removed. that bottom one is VL, tom told me himself in 1996. but i never knew anything about the other one; i just assumed based on the panel configuration that it was a cheaper ampeg solid state.

I found it in the Dude Ranch Wikipedia article. I believe the VL was used in the single headed rig from '94-'96 Warped. '96 Warped to end of year he used two heads.

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Logo-small-new-300x300.jpg
the final T looks similiar

i beg to differ. 1.) the word doesn't start with a lowercase 'p' (there is no descender visible), 2.) the letter before the last 't' curves and is clearly not an 'i' 2.) the 't' is quite different anyway:

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I found it in the Dude Ranch wikipedia article (of all places). 

yes, that's kerry key's photo from the descendents whiskey show that i was at. the print i have from kerry is cropped. that's the uncropped file from his flickr (which i assumed was also cropped, but it's not). glad i caught this; i've updated my archive file.

5 minutes ago, Q182 said:

'96 Warped to end of year he used two heads.

at the november 1, 1996 SOMA show that i was at on stage / backstage, he had both heads as at the whiskey in october. the whiskey shot is the earliest i've seen the 'blink' art removed, unless you can find a good shot. i'll look at my warped 96 DVD-R vids.

Just now, daveyjones said:

at the november 1, 1996 SOMA show that i was at on stage / backstage, he had both heads as at the whiskey in october. the whiskey shot is the earliest i've seen the 'blink' art removed, unless you can find a good shot. i'll look at my warped 96 DVD-R vids.

Any footage from the 1996 Warped Tour of blink shows the heads without the custom art plate.

A few other stickers I took note of:

2017-06-25_3_LI.jpg

From the M+M's video. Looks like a car and something else...? This shot was also hard to get becuse the video was playing while I took it so the YouTube timer for videos wouldn't show. Also looks like some black and/or white tape on the upper horn of the guitar.

On 6/25/2017 at 6:31 PM, daveyjones said:

it's not! i was wrong all these years. i just googled around a bit. the top amp is the VL 501 (tube head, same line, 50 watt, single channel only).

which means that the joke about solid state is either simply a joke, or tom recorded short bus with a studio amp that was solid state.

I'm guessing that the solid state thing is a joke. 

On 6/25/2017 at 6:46 PM, daveyjones said:

of course it's possible the other amp came first, and became his backup. or he only practiced with it. or recorded with it. either way, both were bought in 1994. here is tom's rig in october, 1993. all he has is a fender combo amp (it's sitting on top of another band's gear):

Actually the one in the photo of DML is a 502 because the 501 would only have one set of controls. Here's a 1001 for comparison. 

s-l1000.jpg

On 6/25/2017 at 6:53 PM, daveyjones said:

ah then it be a 502. i also noticed the single channel VLs have white decals. the dual channel ones appear to be kind of purple?

They varied during production.

56 minutes ago, Q182 said:

A few other stickers I took note of:

2017-06-25_3_LI.jpg

From the M+M's video. Looks like a car and something else...? This shot was also hard to get becuse the video was playing while I took it so the YouTube timer for videos wouldn't show. Also looks like some black and/or white tape on the upper horn of the guitar.

yea here's a clear shot of the tape on the horn, from 1995 goodtimes tour:

tom-_TX.jpg

it should be noted that this show is when tom appears to have gotten the 7 seconds sticker. he put it on his shirt during the set, and then applied it to the back of his guitar, probably that night.