18 minutes ago, Q182 said:

This is the only photo I can find of the sticker strat with the sack lunch logo. It was only seen on the 1996 warped tour.

I note that it's placed upside down. It appears to have a royal blue border with lettering of the same color. 

thanks, i was able to use tineye to find a slightly larger version of that photo. i then enlarged further and enhanced:

sack-lunch-_REF.jpg

the SACK LUNCH lettering appears to be a pretty plain sans serif. funny, i saw them several times back in the day. they weren't great; not surprised they didn't last.

also some good clarity here on the scale of the vandals sticker.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

thanks, i was able to use tineye to find a slightly larger version of that photo. i then enlarged further and enhanced:

sack-lunch-_REF.jpg

the SACK LUNCH lettering appears to be a pretty plain sans serif. funny, i saw them several times back in the day. they weren't great; not surprised they didn't last.

also some good clarity here on the scale of the vandals sticker.

Awesome. A pretty regular shaped sticker. They seemed good enough that Tom would put their sticker on his guitar. 

On 9/9/2017 at 4:36 PM, daveyjones said:

two mystery spots remain:

strat-back-research.jpg

my theory about the plate is that when tom had his guitar bridge worked on in 97, and the saddles switched out, the tremolo plate was accessed, and that sticker was removed.

i'm thinking i might just use this space on my guitar for likely / appropriate local stickers, like face to face, unwritten law, home grown, pivit, agent 51, carter peace mission etc etc. just stuff that i know tom would have had access to, bands that were in the scene.

• Like 2

Smart. @Olidamus was right in the sense that its possible that not all the stickers are going to be found. I'd say that we found 97% of the stickers except for the empty spots you mentioned Davey. If anyone has any suggestions, evidence, etc. as to what these mystery stickers might be, speak up now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Q182 said:

This is the only photo I can find of the sticker strat with the sack lunch logo. It was only seen on the 1996 warped tour. 

I note that it's placed upside down. It appears to have a royal blue border with lettering of the same color. 

k, i made one

image.jpg

note that before he added pennywise (as seen in the dammit video), this sticker was completely removed. and when tom removed it, it clearly took a chunk out of the vandals sticker:

sack-lunch-vandals-damage.jpg

later in 1997, lagwagon covers up most of this area:

lagwagon.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

k, i made one

image.jpg

note that before he added pennywise (as seen in the dammit video), this sticker was completely removed. and when tom removed it, it clearly took a chunk out of the vandals sticker:

sack-lunch-vandals-damage.jpg

Looks great. Yeah it shows where it used to be. I've had a few stickers do that to me.

I added four new stickers to my Strat: Brandish on the side and three Less Than Jake stickers (one says '< Jake, > other bands', you can kind of see it in the first picture). I also replaced the blue Ernie Ball strap with a black DiMarzio ClipLock strap. I'm also going to eventually replace the stock humbucker with a DiMarzio X2N.

IMG_4052_1.jpg

IMG_4053_1.jpg

If you want to know how it sounds with my Ampeg VL-1002 rig, here is a cover of Wasting Time I did:

• Like 3

Don't know if that video was posted, but there is a focused zoom on Tom's guitar but also amp from that interview back in 1996.

at 0:22 and 0:27

i was at this performance...have the whole vid somewhere. it's a shame this one is just snips, and then throws a reebok commercial over the top for no reason. "rare fooatge" indeed.

• Wow 1

Fascinated by this thread every time I check up on it. Awesome stuff guys.

I do hope one day Tom sees this once it is complete, but in regards to missing stickers/stuff you aren't 100% sure on, it may be worth it to write a letter to Tom at TTS and see if he can recall. Especially if you include a detailed print out of the research you guys have done and keep it very simple on what you may need help with. He definitely reads/responds to fan mail sent there so it would be worth a shot. At minimum it would have to bring a smile to his face to see such detail about his OG Strat, and I would think he would try his best to help!

• Like 3

it may be worth it to write a letter to Tom at TTS and see if he can recall...He definitely reads/responds to fan mail sent there so it would be worth a shot.

what the contact info / address? i have the added benefit of knowing him a bit way back when, so yes, it might be worth a shot.

• Like 1

what the contact info / address? i have the added benefit of knowing him a bit way back when, so yes, it might be worth a shot.

I've written him twice and received a response within 2-3 weeks both times. On the envelope I put:

Tom Delonge
c/o To The Stars
1051 S Coast Hwy 101 B
Encinitas, CA 92024

Make sure you include a return envelope addressed to yourself inside with shipping pre-paid so that he can just put his reply in that and mail it back hassle free. (Standard procedure when sending fan mail to celebs). For documents/photos, I would suggest getting one 10x13 manila envelope addressed to him, inside of that should contain one 9x12 manila envelope with your address on the front and ~4/5 stamps usually does the trick if it's just paper being returned, then of course the letter/photos or whatever you want to include. I then usually take it to the post office to ship it off and make sure I pay the correct amount for the entire package.

I would think if you include an old photo of you guys, and a quick detail of the project and stickers you need clarification on (with photos of the locations), he would help out if he can. He may not remember shit about it, but it's worth a shot and the $5 it's gonna cost to send it IMO. If you want to bribe him and guilt him into responding, it'd be kinda cool to send him one of those "blink" amp head signs you made! Good luck

• Like 3

I would think if you include an old photo of you guys, and a quick detail of the project and stickers you need clarification on (with photos of the locations), he would help out if he can. He may not remember shit about it, but it's worth a shot and the $5 it's gonna cost to send it IMO. If you want to bribe him and guilt him into responding, it'd be kinda cool to send him one of those "blink" amp head signs you made! Good luck

yea, i would send photos of us together, and stuff i shot on stage at SOMA in 96. and a faceplate, absolutely!!!

ON IT

• Like 1
  • Love 1

yea, i would send photos of us together, and stuff i shot on stage at SOMA in 96. and a faceplate, absolutely!!!

ON IT

I'm calling it right now, Tom's gonna post a picture of @daveyjones "blink" faceplate he made on his Instagram when he gets it and people are going to go fucking NUTS thinking he's returning to blink... 

LOL, can't wait to see what he says. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@ryan1125 Thanks, glad to know you are interested in everything we find. I'm just happy to know that the guitar is not just an artifact that faded into blink history and that people still hold interest in it. I honestly thought when I started looking into this stuff 3/3.5 years ago I didn't know that I would end up contributing to a 24 page (and possibly counting) thread. 

• Like 1

I made mockups recently detailing the transitions the guitar went through regarding sticker changes. Not all the details are there (the tape on the Arnette and Airwalk stickers, the tear in the Ten Foot Pole sticker, the Guttermouth sticker on the back for the '97 version, I'll eventually fix those) but this is just to give a general idea. I will add a mockup with the Sack Lunch sticker later on. As for now, they go something like this:

Early-Mid 1995:

2017-12-10_1.png

M+M's video, July 1995 (extra airwalks, clover and Short Lived are added):

2017-12-09_6.png

GoodTimes Tour, mid 1995 (Rhythm Collision has been added)

2017-12-09_7.png

Late 1995-mid 1996 (Strung Out, The Vandals, 7 Seconds and The Queers are added)

2017-12-09_11.png

Summer 1996 (Sack Lunch has been added, note the removal of the two upper horn stripes):

2017-12-09_12.png

August-Fall 1996 (Pennywise has been added, Sack Lunch removed):

2017-12-09_13.png

Fall 1996-July 1997 (Arnette stickers have been added):

2017-12-09_14.png

July 1997-November 1997 (Lagwagon and Guttermouth added):

2017-12-09_15.png

• Like 2