so i mentioned this elsewhere (the dude ranch LP thread i think?) but before the whole Dude Ranch LP thing happened i decided to throw my hat in the sticker strat ring before i had even decided to come back to this forum. i had recently done a "tom delonge pickup shootout" video and really enjoyed the dimarzio x2n pickup that tom used back in the cheshire days. not long after that i came across this guy selling a bunch of stickers on reverb that were known for tom's sticker strat and it seemed cheap enough and would save me a bunch of work so i said hell with it and purchased them. it seemed like fate because people have been asking me to try and do a sticker strat build for a while. if you're not familiar with my content i've made some other tom builds in the past like the obvious jazzmaster , yellow baritone strat and others.

so after deciding to take on the project i was looking for pictures and whatever else i could find for info on the guitar and came across this thread. i was amazed at the amount of info you all compiled. that being said, i NOW know that the stickers that i bought werent perfect. in fact some of them are just straight up wrong. wrong colors , wrong sizing. but i decided to go ahead with it anyway since i already bought the guitar (the hot rails squier that was recommended earlier in the thread, it really was the closest choice) and modded it with the pickups. so after all was said and done, here i am. i just uploaded a new guitar cover using said sticker strat and i gotta say, even though its not perfect, i'm happy with it and it was a fun project. i do plan on listing it for sale essentially for just the cost of parts and a little bit extra for the work i did.  not only that but i video taped quite a large amount of the process itself for people to use as a reference on their own builds. its a long one. probably a bit long-winded but i had a lot to talk about and wanted to be as helpful as possible. i'll be uploading that video soon. maybe this weekend.

anyways, just wanted to say thank you all for the help with pictures and general info on the subject. it really is quite impressive and much appreciated on my end. thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamjon said:

just wanted to say thank you all for the help with pictures and general info on the subject. it really is quite impressive and much appreciated on my end. thanks!

Glad this thread was of help in your build! I'm just happy to know that this information is being used by other fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iamjon said:

so after deciding to take on the project i was looking for pictures and whatever else i could find for info on the guitar and came across this thread. i was amazed at the amount of info you all compiled. that being said, i NOW know that the stickers that i bought werent perfect. in fact some of them are just straight up wrong. wrong colors , wrong sizing. but i decided to go ahead with it anyway since i already bought the guitar

Great job on the replica ! That's really great that you used our thread in order to make that replica !

Can't wait to see the video that you made about making that replica :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iamjon said:

so i mentioned this elsewhere (the dude ranch LP thread i think?) but before the whole Dude Ranch LP thing happened i decided to throw my hat in the sticker strat ring before i had even decided to come back to this forum. i had recently done a "tom delonge pickup shootout" video and really enjoyed the dimarzio x2n pickup that tom used back in the cheshire days. not long after that i came across this guy selling a bunch of stickers on reverb that were known for tom's sticker strat and it seemed cheap enough and would save me a bunch of work so i said hell with it and purchased them. it seemed like fate because people have been asking me to try and do a sticker strat build for a while. if you're not familiar with my content i've made some other tom builds in the past like the obvious jazzmaster , yellow baritone strat and others.

so after deciding to take on the project i was looking for pictures and whatever else i could find for info on the guitar and came across this thread. i was amazed at the amount of info you all compiled. that being said, i NOW know that the stickers that i bought werent perfect. in fact some of them are just straight up wrong. wrong colors , wrong sizing. but i decided to go ahead with it anyway since i already bought the guitar (the hot rails squier that was recommended earlier in the thread, it really was the closest choice) and modded it with the pickups. so after all was said and done, here i am. i just uploaded a new guitar cover using said sticker strat and i gotta say, even though its not perfect, i'm happy with it and it was a fun project. i do plan on listing it for sale essentially for just the cost of parts and a little bit extra for the work i did.  not only that but i video taped quite a large amount of the process itself for people to use as a reference on their own builds. its a long one. probably a bit long-winded but i had a lot to talk about and wanted to be as helpful as possible. i'll be uploading that video soon. maybe this weekend.

anyways, just wanted to say thank you all for the help with pictures and general info on the subject. it really is quite impressive and much appreciated on my end. thanks!

I was literally just watching the video on youtube to see if anyone had shared it here, been a subscriber for a while. always loved your 'What if X had a solo?' series. 

• Love 1

One thing I definitely noticed is that the video doesn't necessarily do the guitar justice from a tonal sense. The tones used sound like a Mesa was used instead of like an Ampeg or a Marshall, so the tone isn't as biting as Tom's tone on the albums. Still, the replica is really cool and this is coming from someone who doesn't like this guitar personally (not a fan of stickers on guitars, and I've already thrown my hat in the ring as far as the angled pickup debate).

6 hours ago, Mos Eisley said:

I always hated that he didn't angle the Lagwagon sticker up more. It bothers me every time I see it.

So is the BCR 335 next on the list?

probably not. i never really got into the 335s very much.  if someone wanted me to mod one specifically for them, then i'd do it. but i dont see it happening.

Hey, im picking up a strat to do this project later this week, i was most likely just going to get that Reverb kit to do it too, but wanted to check if anyone had the files of the stickers everyone was uploading? i know I didnt help research or find any of them but it would be cool if someone that has them could share the whole set. If not im off to reverb to get the kind-of right set. someone offered to send them out to people on Jons youtube video comments section but hasnt replied yet

Thanks

23 minutes ago, GaryTheStone said:

It is, but it's a size small!

It's funny because there was a similar shirt on sale for ebay and it was size small haha

Thinking about it, maybe you outbid me on ebay haha

That was the first time I saw it on Ebay and I really really wanted to get one for one of my friend