On 11/25/2018 at 5:26 PM, Thibaut182 said:

found a nice close-up from John's guitar from back in the day !

I'm a little surprised everyone used American Standard Strats back then as opposed to the Mexican made Strats. Also we should seriously consider moving everything that is not about Tom's Strat into separate threads (Les Paul stuff, the Homegrown guitars)

7 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I'm a little surprised everyone used American Standard Strats back then as opposed to the Mexican made Strats. Also we should seriously consider moving everything that is not about Tom's Strat into separate threads (Les Paul stuff, the Homegrown guitars)

Mexican strats suck!

16 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Mexican strats suck!

I think all Strats are great. I was simply observing that for smaller bands its interesting to see American Strats being used more commonly at the time. I also think it shows everyone worked their asses off to get good gear.

6 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I think all Strats are great. I was simply observing that for smaller bands its interesting to see American Strats being used more commonly at the time. I also think it shows everyone worked their asses off to get good gear.

I don't know ... I've played some pretty awful strats.

Since it has become apparent to me almost all of the photos in this thread are invisible due to dead links;  If anyone is in need of said photos for any reason, I can send them to you as I saved them throughout our postings. Also we need to move everything that is not Sticker Strat related into new or existing threads.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spkeezy said:

Does anyone have the fonts for the big brother, mint and short lived stickers as shown here

Half the images in this thread don't work anymore

big brother is Impact. mint is linotype's cut of bauhaus (**NOT** bauhaus 93, the microsoft cut).

i can't remember what i used for Short Lived but it's a pretty generic body serif. any sort of garamond / baskerville / times roman should be fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it turns out the Russian Etsy seller updated his sticker set:

633-AEF6-A-52-C8-4-D74-8-D25-F1-D5-E4-F1

The inaccuracies are still insanely noticeable. The one that gets me the most is the subtitle on the Short Lived sticker says ‘TOUR OF DUTY ‘97”, not ‘92. 

• Sad 2

While going through @veeRob's image folders, I pulled out a couple references in regards to the debated third arnette logo on the back of the headstock. I can confirm with these photos that this one is the inverted black and white color scheme than the ones on the front of the guitar:

Bear Mountain

arnette-headstock-1.jpg

Warped Tour

arnette-headstock-2.jpg

I also found a reference on the mysterious backup guitar laying in a case next to Tom's amp. This suggests that the backup Strat is also a Fender judging by the shape of the case:

backup-guitar-case.jpg

My suggestion for this is American Fenders produced in the 90's were found in a case similar to that one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...