• 3 months later...

Just got my Ampeg VL-1002. Brought it over my buddy's and hooked it up to his Mesa 4x12 can. I'm now convinced along with @Q182 that Dude Ranch was recorded with the sticker strat and the Ampeg VL-1002.

Here's a tone test after we think we dialed it pretty close using "Dammit" on Dude Ranch. Signal chain is just my sticker strat on the DiMarzio X2N angled in the bridge straight to the Ampeg. No pedals or effects.

https://youtu.be/5UH5Euk8ovQ

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I’ve scrolled through all 40 pages of this thread and nearly all the links and photos are dead. 

I was wondering if anyone had a photo of the back of Tom’s guitar? Or if anyone knows what stickers are on the back? 

Also I was wondering if this sticker in the corner, is a sticker or just a bit of tape? 

https://m.imgur.com/C238oWM

Thanks for any help in advance I really appreciate it! 

Kind regards,

Josh

38 minutes ago, jdubs182 said:

was wondering if anyone had a photo of the back of Tom’s guitar? Or if anyone knows what stickers are on the back? 

Also I was wondering if this sticker in the corner, is a sticker or just a bit of tape? 

https://m.imgur.com/C238oWM

The stickers on the back are the large Descendents logo going across the bottom, the blue 7 Seconds logo, and an Indecision sticker on the top horn. I can send you pictures later today.

Regarding the markings under the Arnette logo on the front, based on our findings we can to the conclusion that it’s some kind of marker that’s faded overtime.

6 hours ago, Q182 said:

The stickers on the back are the large Descendents logo going across the bottom, the blue 7 Seconds logo, and an Indecision sticker on the top horn. I can send you pictures later today.

Regarding the markings under the Arnette logo on the front, based on our findings we can to the conclusion that it’s some kind of marker that’s faded overtime.

That’d be so awesome if you could send me a picture of it, thanks!

On 11/1/2019 at 5:11 AM, Q182 said:

yea back in the day i always thought tom made those little stripes with bits of electrical tape. but photos clearly show the marks fading over time; it's likely he drew them with sharpie.

3 hours ago, Q182 said:

@daveyjones I don't know why I didn't ask this before but what was the date/venue for this rare "fooatge"? (cracks me up every time) Judging by the stickers, looks like 1995/96.

3/21/1996: The band performs at Cheers in Miami, Florida. 

Apparently, it's during the same date where they did that Victory Records interview (Mark wearing that same Squirtgun in both videos)

• 2 weeks later...

New development regarding the Sticker Strat's "post sticker life" if you want to call it that. Doing a quick Google search, I came across this Reddit post: 

Down in the comments, someone mentions asking him about the guitar at a meet & greet. His response was that he "tried to do something cool with it" and pulled off all the stickers, but he "fucked it up". I can confirm officially that the "cool" thing he tried to do were the "Stars & Lines" markings and the gen 3 bunny stickers. 

• 6 months later...