1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

i think yea you'd have to hit all parts or warmorth for squier aftermarket stuff. but i think @blinkstillrules is right, the strat and squier lines differ a bit in form factor.

I know from the TD guitar subreddit, there are often fit issues between Squiers and Fenders. That's why I think it's worth the little extra $$ for a MIM Fender. The Mexican Fenders from 2010-Present are actually pretty good guitars. They're not like the MIM garbage Fender put out in the mid 90s to early 2000s.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

I know from the TD guitar subreddit, there are often fit issues between Squiers and Fenders. That's why I think it's worth the little extra $$ for a MIM Fender. The Mexican Fenders from 2010-Present are actually pretty good guitars. They're not like the MIM garbage Fender put out in the mid 90s to early 2000s.

yup my MIM is 2011 or 2012 i think. do you know where the serial # is on it? i don't want to pull the neck to look for a stamp.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

do you know where the serial # is on it?

It should either be on the neckplate or the front or back of the headstock. If the latter two , you might have covered it with the arnette and descendents stickers.

This might not be of much worth, but I came across this photo of the june 1997 Nile Theater show, where Tom used the mysterious backup sticker strat for the full set:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-04-at-9-39-16-PM.png

You can see the back of the headstock with a sticker and a serial number, which indicates this was also a legit Fender guitar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Q182 said:

It should either be on the neckplate or the front or back of the headstock. If the latter two , you might have covered it with the arnette and descendents stickers.

the plate is blank. i only added the arnet to the back last year. so i prolly covered it on the front of the headstock.

Just now, daveyjones said:

the plate is blank. i only added the arnette to the back last year. so i prolly covered it on the front of the headstock.

Prolly. I think your strat is a silver logo MIM strat, with the serial under the 'fender' portion of the waterslide decal.

16 hours ago, Q182 said:

This might not be of much worth, but I came across this photo of the june 1997 Nile Theater show, where Tom used the mysterious backup sticker strat for the full set:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-04-at-9-39-16-PM.png

You can see the back of the headstock with a sticker and a serial number, which indicates this was also a legit Fender guitar.

Looks like Fender locking tuners too, or maybe my eyes suck.

1 minute ago, blinkstillrules said:

Looks like Fender locking tuners too, or maybe my eyes suck.

I can't tell ... the dark spots don't look like they're all the same size so it could just be a weird glare 'cause by the black and white.

Just now, blinkstillrules said:

The more I zoom the less sure I am now.

Yeah, that's what I was saying ... you zoom in and they look like different sizes and less like the round dial on the locking tuners. Thats why I was thinking it may just be the glare looking weird as black and white.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Also, can we talk about that dorky-ass tattoo Tom is sporting in that picture? 

This should be the main focus of discussion. Was it a temporary tattoo or drawn on or something? It certainly doesn't look real and I've never seen a picture of him with that tattoo before.

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

This should be the main focus of discussion. Was it a temporary tattoo or drawn on or something? It certainly doesn't look real and I've never seen a picture of him with that tattoo before.

I'm pretty sure he got it covered as soon as he got a chance... I can't read the words but it's a picture of a guy with a mohawk so, I'm sure the words are fucking dweeby too. @Ry-Bread, please ask Mark.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm pretty sure he got it covered as soon as he got a chance... I can't read the words but it's a picture of a guy with a mohawk so, I'm sure the words are fucking dweeby too. @Ry-Bread, please ask Mark.

It's so light though. Maybe he was in the process of getting it lasered off or something.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, daveyjones said:

i think yea you'd have to hit all parts or warmoth for squier aftermarket stuff. but i think @blinkstillrules is right, the strat and squier lines differ a bit in form factor.

Not just specific to the DeLonge sigs, all Squiers models are notorious for not fitting fender parts. The chances of replacement parts from places like Warmoth or Allparts fitting a squier are pretty slim because most aftermarket companies follow the Fender spec.