On 8/2/2017 at 4:54 PM, Q182 said:

I meant to note earlier that the pennywise sticker extends to the edge of the body. Also the airwalk and big brother need to shift closer to the center of the forearm curve. They also need to be enlarged so they reach the edge of the forearm curve. 

yes, i'm aware of the inconsistencies of my photoshop mockup. it is for my own concepting. the production stickers will be sized using my actual strat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, daveyjones said:

some interesting back and forth here about the olympic v. arctic white.

I've found that olympic white and arctic white are the same shade. When both are put with a white pickguard, I've seen that there is little bit more of a notable difference in the olympic white. I've also found that olympic white is more prone to discoloration overtime. In the case of Tom's guitar, that isn't necessarily the case because his was completely plastered in stickers.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:59 AM, Chesh said:

I have found another very nice picture

This is John Tran from homegrown playing Tom's strat from a 1996 show.

sorry for the awful quality

4q4tgy.jpg

yea, that's not tom's strat. that's johnny's own stickered up guitar. it was a very 90s thing to do (my primary axe was the same). i miss home grown... saw them many, many times back then. several times with blink.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Right, however there is a bridge model and neck model. Which one did you use.

i did not specify to the shop, and they didn't say which they dropped in. based on my experimenting with the tones, demos on youtube, and the descriptions on their website, it sounds like the neck model. fatter, warmer, syrupy. not crunchy.

I decided I needed a new wallpaper for my laptop, so I did this:

2017-08-12.png

@daveyjones I also made a mockup of the Sticker Strat in my freshman year of high school in my graphic arts class circa 2015/2016. Please excuse the quality of the mockup, this was long before the other stickers were identified (even before I signed up for the forum).

image4.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, Q182 said:

Alright, then. Did the shop wire up all the pickups or just the DiMarzio X2N?

the X2N was in the guitar to begin with. the shop installed the others. so, the other way around. they wired them all except the X2N (though they did check all the internals).

On 8/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, Andrew182 said:

@daveyjones Dude that thing looks awesome! When are you going to put the stickers on it?

whenever i get around to it. i'll have to finish sourcing the production art. then i'll do grayscale print mockups to get the sizing as accurate as a i can. then i'll move to actual stickers. all these little silly side projects are not a big priority in my life, so when i get to it i will get to it.

the axe sounds terrific though!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the X2N was in the guitar to begin with. the shop installed the others. so, the other way around. they wired them all except the X2N (though they did check all the internals).

Nice. You should go through each pickup selection when you demo it (and classic blink songs, of course).