Thibaut182

Tom Delonge Stratocaster Replica ( Cheshire Cat-Dude Ranch era)

So it turns out the Russian Etsy seller updated his sticker set:

633-AEF6-A-52-C8-4-D74-8-D25-F1-D5-E4-F1

The inaccuracies are still insanely noticeable. The one that gets me the most is the subtitle on the Short Lived sticker says ‘TOUR OF DUTY ‘97”, not ‘92. 

• Sad 2

While going through @veeRob's image folders, I pulled out a couple references in regards to the debated third arnette logo on the back of the headstock. I can confirm with these photos that this one is the inverted black and white color scheme than the ones on the front of the guitar:

Bear Mountain

arnette-headstock-1.jpg

Warped Tour

arnette-headstock-2.jpg

I also found a reference on the mysterious backup guitar laying in a case next to Tom's amp. This suggests that the backup Strat is also a Fender judging by the shape of the case:

backup-guitar-case.jpg

My suggestion for this is American Fenders produced in the 90's were found in a case similar to that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markyp85 said:

I just finished my TD sticker Strat and it won’t let me upload the photos because they are too big. Any way around this ?

You need to use a third party hoster like Imgur or PostImage, then use the direct link option and it’ll drop right the image into the post.

Not sure if those links work for everyone. Let me know if they don’t work and I’ll find some other way. Maybe I have to make the images smaller. 

59 minutes ago, Markyp85 said:

Not sure if those links work for everyone. Let me know if they don’t work and I’ll find some other way. Maybe I have to make the images smaller. 

Yes the links work. I suggest however that you use https://postimages.org/ so the link convert into the image.

1 hour ago, Markyp85 said:

Here you go, pal

3-D0-B6538-9-F12-44-DD-B720-5-A58669-EE3
25-A607-A8-55-D9-4086-BE64-161-B0259-F94
62-BD9437-1207-4032-8357-8-F959-E2-D7-A8

BEC46-BE5-1-AF4-45-F7-AF11-DFEE3487-FCBC
E5284-E34-E24-B-43-B7-ABD7-F356982-C296-

• Like 1

Hey thanks for uploading them for me.  I built this guitar keeping budget in mind. The guitar started out as a squier Strat SE which is a great modding platform. For that that don’t know, the SE strats have a full thickness Agathis body and satin neck with 42mm nut width. They aren’t made anymore and these SEs are pretty sought after, especially in white, but they are pretty affordable. Usually like $60-$120 second hand. They have a normal 6pt trem however so I did install a 2pt trem with full size block, which is really a pretty straight forward install.  Also. Replaced the saddles with graph tech ones.  The tuners are pretty decent on the SE but installed Wilkinson ez locks out of personal preference. I got the pick ups and guard from tnt custom guitars. They make some really great products. The guitar tone on the x2n style pickup  sounds pretty close to the tone of Cheshire Cat through my peavey. Building it this way should cost you 250-300$ Including the initial cost of the squier guitar.  

It sounds awesome in the Les Paul! I would say it's pretty much on par with the TD Strat for me, I just prefer to play strats & the tone is a bit snappier in the strat. Tom 100% had a Invader bridge pickup in his Les Paul, not sure if you've seen the video on YouTube, but if you search you can see the vid.