Tom Delonge Stratocaster Replica ( Cheshire Cat-Dude Ranch era)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stickers from Davey came! 1 hour work and it's done! Here is the final result. I think it looks cool.

Since I made the list of the stickers that are on this guitar, I may as well do a whole rundown of the guitar, if this ever becomes helpful to anyone.  This guitar is indeed a real Fender Stratoc

Also just posted this last night:    and am working on a long video with exact sticker placement Davey and I did that we hope provides folks with everything they’ll ever need for y

Posted Images

So i have the right amp, and a cheap red strat knockoff. ace.

Do you guys have good pics of the guitar? Would be a nice touch to sticker it the same way (it was stickered,  wasn't it?)

1 hour ago, Depf said:

Do you guys have good pics of the guitar? Would be a nice touch to sticker it the same way (it was stickered,  wasn't it?)

Yep, was stickered. I made a thread about that guitar around the same time this one started to take off. Sadly the pic links died, but the info lives on.

Here's a fresh pic to get you started:

tom-red-guitar.jpg

• Like 1

do we have any idea what guitar exactly that might be? i.e. pic of the headstock. thanks for reposting! all the pics in that and the amp thread are dead

2 things about this guitar if you want a replica :

1. the stickers aren't quite right. Davey has them perfect

2. the humbucker is installed wrong (see above)

Tip: get a used squier hot rails strat. right color, got the rails already and its decent quality. Cut out the bridge pickup slot towards the bridge and you're golden

• Like 1
On 2/22/2021 at 12:51 PM, Depf said:

do we have any idea what guitar exactly that might be? i.e. pic of the headstock. thanks for reposting! all the pics in that and the amp thread are dead

i know i hate that we have to rely on postimage etc for stuff here. and then in year they are all dead (EVEN if you say "do not expire"). honestly the best part about the discord is the image/paste ability.

6 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

What about imgur?

it's fine i just mean external hosting is a pain. save, upload, paste link. disco is superior in every regard. all my hops are just screencaps from my archive folder. it's stupid easy, i love it.

• Like 1

Axe and 2 pickups in, lightning strap ordered. Waiting on the X2. This pick guard is too dark right? @Depf Davey said you had cheaper alternatives? Looked like Warmoth was around $40...and I don't want the pre-built one that isn't spaced properly.

gV0XmLl.png

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Axe and 2 pickups in, lightning strap ordered. Waiting on the X2. This pick guard is too dark right? @Depf Davey said you had cheaper alternatives? Looked like Warmoth was around $40...and I don't want the pre-built one that isn't spaced properly.

gV0XmLl.png

TBH I'm more of a sound guy! @blinkstillrules @Q182 and @daveyjones are probably a bigger help when it comes to looks.

If you can cut the pickguard and install the pickups you're golden , if not i'll be more than happy to do it for you. Little payback for the pod i enjoy so much .

shoot me a pm if i can be of any help

28 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

gV0XmLl.png

Ry,

If you're gonna cut it to fit the X2N like Tom did this will work and is cheap:

https://stratosphereparts.com/new-parchment-stratocaster-pickguard-for-fender-strat-guitar-3-ply-standard/

Otherwise you wanna go on Warmoth's site and order a H-S-S white 3 ply pickguard that's white-black-black bezel with the bridge humbucker angled.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Looked like Warmoth was around $40...and I don't want the pre-built one that isn't spaced properly.

blinkstillrules beat me to it but here’s my take.

I honestly think your best options are to either:

- cut the current pickguard 

OR
- buy a bright white guard from either Fender, WD, or Warmoth and cut the hole larger. I looked at all three and the prices are roughly the same so you’d be splitting hairs. 

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, daveyjones said:

it's fine i just mean external hosting is a pain. save, upload, paste link. disco is superior in every regard. all my hops are just screencaps from my archive folder. it's stupid easy, i love it.

Seriously. This site would be super amazing if we could just plop pictures in comments super quickly without them disappearing Iike you’re taking about 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i mentioned you because you had those aftermarket guards that you cut, right?

i just cut the original pickguard. save plastic, save the ocean etc. pp