28 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Axe and 2 pickups in, lightning strap ordered. Waiting on the X2. This pick guard is too dark right? @Depf Davey said you had cheaper alternatives? Looked like Warmoth was around $40...and I don't want the pre-built one that isn't spaced properly.

gV0XmLl.png

Ry,

If you're gonna cut it to fit the X2N like Tom did this will work and is cheap:

https://stratosphereparts.com/new-parchment-stratocaster-pickguard-for-fender-strat-guitar-3-ply-standard/

Otherwise you wanna go on Warmoth's site and order a H-S-S white 3 ply pickguard that's white-black-black bezel with the bridge humbucker angled.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Looked like Warmoth was around $40...and I don't want the pre-built one that isn't spaced properly.

blinkstillrules beat me to it but here’s my take.

I honestly think your best options are to either:

- cut the current pickguard 

OR
- buy a bright white guard from either Fender, WD, or Warmoth and cut the hole larger. I looked at all three and the prices are roughly the same so you’d be splitting hairs. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, daveyjones said:

it's fine i just mean external hosting is a pain. save, upload, paste link. disco is superior in every regard. all my hops are just screencaps from my archive folder. it's stupid easy, i love it.

Seriously. This site would be super amazing if we could just plop pictures in comments super quickly without them disappearing Iike you’re taking about 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Depf said:

Haha, I absolutely effed up the first time as well until I got the right tools.

Very excited how close you guys will get with the new pickguard! Makes me wanna get the stickering right on mine...

How does it sound now? It does make a difference for me at least.

We should have a gearcrew zoom call sometime! Got my mic sorted.

if you guys are interested I'll gladly set one up, or better yet, ask our new favorite mod to bless us all again @wtfeverhisnameistoday

You rang?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Depf said:

Very excited how close you guys will get with the new pickguard! Makes me wanna get the stickering right on mine...

if you guys are interested I'll gladly set one up, or better yet, ask our new favorite mod to bless us all again @wtfeverhisnameistoday

I haven't installed it yet. I'm not going to install it until I have all the right stickers 100%. I'll redo the entire strat and be done with it in one shot.

I ended up using a rotary tool and grinding it slowly.

1 hour ago, Depf said:

if you guys are interested I'll gladly set one up, 

I’d be 100% down for this! If everyone else is we can set a date, time and all that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Depf said:

I am absolutely happy to set this up for you guys, if need be. However, I'm not much of a gear person and you wouldn't get much from me being there, it may be better if you guys set this one up.

3 minutes ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

I'm not much of a gear person and you wouldn't get much from me being there, it may be better if you guys set this one up.

Yeah, we can totally take care of it from here since that seems the easiest way. 

So if we were going to have a gear head zoom (and I’ll set it all up) what time and day would be best for everyone?

Lately my free time has been Friday nights on the east coast (New York time zone) but I’m willing to make anything work.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Depf said:

Would you be down to have it earlier in the evening? 

Midnight NYC= 6am Germany haha.

Say 6pm? I could ask my neighbors for forgiveness for a quick shred at midnight, maybe not so much that early in the morning 

That could work yes. I'd like to invite others (@blinkstillrules, @daveyjones, @mil182, anyone else I've forgotten) to join and we can set a date and time based around that. As I've said before I'm willing to do whatever date and time. 

14 hours ago, OrganGrinderX182 said:

Finally got around to getting the stickers on mine since i have covid and literally nothing else to do. The sizing was definitely off on the stickers on a few but overall pretty happy. Its not perfect but i like itYmYkvxo.jpg

I'm in the same boat, using the Russian guy's stickers. Looks good!

For the back, I searched ebay.

• Like 1