Amy Schumer

Scott.

Yeah, so awkward. I knew she was getting shat on, and I wasn't really surprised, but this compilation, and her defense, is so awkward. Like, she's defending herself, out loud, for like, at least 6 instances of blatant theft, and then the guy adds another ten to the end of the video... faack

One of the strangest things I've ever listened to is Marc Maron confronting Carlos Mencia about stealing bits on his podcast and listening him break down from denial to acceptance that he's a total hack and a thief. Also incredibly rewarding.

Does she write her show though? But yeah her stand up has a lot of the same jokes. I understand that a comedian can come up with similar jokes on a certain subject but fuck me this is to much. 

Is she finished? Somehow I think not. I quite like her tbf. Something sexy about a girl who talks filth as much as her. 

The thing that killed me was the series of jokes about the slap diet and coma exercise routine.. The same ORDER and style that the jokes were told in. So awkward.

I could see her show having some other people writing for it and borrowing concepts though. That clip in the store, there's no justifying how close they are, and she's doing it.

Her only defense is that she's such a massive hack that all of her material is low-hanging-fruit premises that never even leave the ground. The truth, however, is that she is a joke thief. She was on Maron's podcast a while ago talking about how she's a clepto and how she used to steal thousands of dollars worth of clothes and get off to it. Clearly doing the same with comedy now. There are way more examples.

The stolen show bits are the worse. The MAD TV ripoff is even shot exactly the same. Another pattern with pretty much all of her stolen material is the slight changes she always makes to cover her ass a bit that always degrade the quality of the joke. Also, she's a shitty comic and her timing sucks

When Mencia and others got caught, they were eviscerated. Shooms is left alone because she's making Apatow films now and all her comic friends want cameos and small parts.

• Like 2

yeah, something has never appealed to me about her, no matter how i've tried to like her. there are some really funny IAS sketches (the 12 angry men parody comes to mind) but i thought trainwreck was just that and that joke thief video makes a pretty solid case.

Yeah, even though she tends to share my sense of humor. Dick, sex jokes, potty humor, etc- I've just never found her that funny. 

I remember thinking she was ruining Hoppus' show on Fuse. Couldn't believe she got so big after that.

Would bone though. 

• Like 1

This was big news on Reddit like 3 weeks ago if not more, weird that we're only addressing it now, but whatevez.  Yeah, she's a hack, and I've never particularly found her to be funny.  Don't know how she can claim innocence when its all so blatant.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On March 26, 2016 at 7:19 PM, theedge00 said:

There's a terrible female comic on the rise, Ilza Schlesinger. Her stuff is unbearable, don't even look her up.

There are some funny female standups though.

I wouldnt say shes on the rise. Shes been a thing for a little while now.