New Blink Single April 28th

Chewy030

43 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well the radio stations besides KROQ haven't even been local so he's not doing it in person. Maybe they play previews to DJs through some kind of secure/trustworthy method through record labels.

They do. AVA used the website for The Dream Walker reviews. They sent out the review copies to just about everyone like three weeks in advance, even Ghost got it, and it didn't leak. I took a look at the website and it seemed pretty secure. I can't remember the name of the site right now, but maybe ghost does.

Edit: I just went back through the Ava movement archives to see if I could find the site name and guess who was arguing with me over why it hasn't leaked yet?! 

Who else, but Rax.

• Like 1

Anyways, the way I remember the site working is that you have an account and a redemption code. So you use the redemption code on your account to gain access to the song. The song could only be streamed through the sites media player, and there was a digital signature embedded in your copy of the song so that if you ripped it and uploaded it/leaked it, your digital signature derived from your account info is in the file of the song itself so it could always be traced back to you even if you used a proxy or other anonymity software.

31 minutes ago, NotNow said:

They do. AVA used the website for The Dream Walker reviews. They sent out the review copies to just about everyone like three weeks in advance, even Ghost got it, and it didn't leak. I took a look at the website and it seemed pretty secure. I can't remember the name of the site right now, but maybe ghost does.

Edit: I just went back through the Ava movement archives to see if I could find the site name and guess who was arguing with me over why it hasn't leaked yet?! 

Who else, but Rax.

Hahahha guilty as charged. Im an impatient man. 

But its all in good fun. Not really DYING to hear it. Im excited sure, but it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

Is there any other Mark's song after the release of Dogs Eating Dogs? I want to know if this single will be his latest work now days.

Wikipedia:
"I Hate Your Guts" on McBusted by McBusted (2014).
"Tidal Waves" on Future Hearts by All Time Low (2015).
"Ready and Willing II" on Resurrection: Ascension by New Found Glory (2015).

55 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Who else, but Rax.

Yes, that's correct. The platform a lot of record labels are using right now is Haulix. In fact, the 80-90% of the promos we are recieiving from the labels comes from that platform. It has several options. They can make available downloads, streaming only, provide tons of information, pictures, videos... They even use it to give you digital copies of DVD portions of live recordings. I remember the live Horrible Crowes album, for example. It't very secure, but definitely, you can do some tricks and access the original mp3 files hosted in it even if it's not available for download.

Warner is not in the same wagon, though. Neither labels and groups as Century Media. The first one is yet into the physical copy thing, and when they use a digital platform, as they did with the last Green Day trilogy, is a very weird looking one, but secure as hell. Century Media has its own platform, but is very similar to Haulix.

Edit: yeah, all the files are always digitally watermarked.

• Like 1