New Blink Single April 28th

Chewy030

I've been staying off these boards because I don't want to feel like I'm waiting for shit all the time (already feel that way about death), but I just got off the phone with Brian Wahler and he confirmed that it is in fact still coming out today. I guess he's heard the whole album too, but I couldn't really understand his descriptions because he was in a helicopter hunting lions. Fucking badass, that fella!

• Like 4

All these likes I've been missing out on... what a shame.

The title Bored to Death and the general descriptions of the song/ basic ideas we have about the album recording make me believe:

1) They're going to do the thing I always want aging bands to do but they never do and then usually suck if they do it - try to write honest, angsty shit about what they're actually going through at the moment. You can't revert back to "waa my girlfriend left me for my dad" type stuff because it isn't real anymore. You also can't go the Weezer route ("I can't stop partying"/ rhyming party and Bacardi. Really? Really, Rivers, really??). So you have to try to dig deep into your emotionless middle-aged heart and figure out what's actually making you angry and sad.

I expect to hear (very veiled and indirect most likely) about the restlessness of maintaining their lives with success, fame, expectations, etc. Also a lot of "Fuck You Tom," which I do expect to be the name of the album.

• Like 2