First CD you ever bought

boxelder

13 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Britney Spears, ...Baby One More Time.

I made money from doing my homework.

I definitely owned that one. Came with some kind of video disc. The album artwork and video provided much jerking material.

Big Willie Style was the first cd I bought in like 98 or 99. I think Now 3 came after that which led me to becoming a blink fan. Also bought Limp bizkits significant other because of that cd lol. Better Life by 3 Doors Down I remember buying when Kryptonite came on the radio, that had to be 2000ish.

41 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I definitely owned that one. Came with some kind of video disc. The album artwork and video provided much jerking material.

I don't think mine came with the video disc, I had a basic copy, but yeah, I studied every picture in every album booklet I had intently, I remember this one, NSYNC's No Strings Attached, BSB Millennium and Ricky Martin's Vuelve, for some reason...

220px-...Baby_One_More_Time_Single.png

remember buying this CD single before the album dropped. I think I heard the song at the FYE I was at and bought it on the spot. I think it had just started to get played on MTV. That's as far as my BS relationship went.

CD: some Ramones greatest hits cd from walmart. What really got me into punk and pop punk 

LP: Blink's self titled was the first LP i got as a gift, but i did have a collection of my mom's old ones already, including the rolling stones' some girls, Boston's self titled, and abbey road 

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

not a bad place to start i say!

At that point I barely knew they had so many albums. I didn't know the existence of Pet Sounds. But yeah, that was the front door that got me into them after my cousin, who gave me a casette copy of a Beach Boys greatests hits.

Since then, I started to buy all their albums thanks to Capitol, which released the "twoffer" CDs (2 albums in 1 CD with amazing booklet), and they became my favourite band of all time.

Edit: my god, I was 14 or 15. It's been a huge amount of time. Woah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

At that point I barely knew they had so many albums. I didn't know the existence of Pet Sounds. But yeah, that was the front doo that got me into them after my cousin, who gave me a casette copy of a Beach Boys greatests hits.

Since then, I started to buy all their albums thanks to Capitol, which released the "twoffer" CDs (2 albums in 1 CD with amazing booklet), and they became my favourite band of all time.

if you like brian wilson/the pet sounds era, i recommend the biopic from last summer, love & mercy. really powerful examination of his psyche/life.