Head's Up!

Speedo

Someone sort this shit out asap please, tapatalk is a pile of wank, I'll stop posting if I've got to use this piece of shit app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of it either but wasn't sure if anyone had realized it yet or not so I figured I'd at least post an option for people.

Good pick up Speedo, sorry for not getting to this until now, time difference means I've only just gotten up.

Basically I ran a small update to the forums yesterday which initiated a re-index of all posts. The update didn't warn me this was going to happen so I'm pretty annoyed about that, because a full reindex causes these problems to happen while it's running and takes forever (Close to a full day). Once this is done everything should be back to normal, and it looks like it will finish within the next couple of hours.

Sorry about the downtime, next time there's an update I'll look in to ways I can avoid this from happening.

• Like 2

The different issues over the last week or two have all been different, pretty much unrelated. We have had more traffic than usual, which has increased the load. Nothing we can't manage, I just need to keep making sure everything is running as it should.

Cheers @Speedo. The server itself is fine, more than adequate to handle the traffic, it's more the configuration of it that just needs to be tightened. For example, the issue today was that there was something unrelated to the website itself that was throwing errors, around 10 errors per second. This was all getting written in to a log file which grew huge due to the sheer amount of stuff it was logging. It got so large that it filled up the hard drive on the server which caused the database to close. I've since sorted this problem out so things are running smoothly again, it's just a matter of ironing out the little kinks like this.

• Like 1