Star Wars : Rogue One: Beware of Spoilers

Chewy030

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Very excited! Just seeing old school stormtroopers, walkers, and Mon Mothma makes me so happy.

But I'm sitting here realizing this is going to be the fourth Death Star movie now.

True, but this time it's not going to be about destroying the Death Star (in fact we know that wont even happen in this one), its about stealing the plans for the massive weapon.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

True, but this time it's not going to be about destroying the Death Star (in fact we know that wont even happen in this one), its about stealing the plans for the massive weapon.

Yeah, and this is a story I've actually wanted to see for a long time, so I'm excited.

I think they explored this same story in some of the old books, but I never read those ones. Not that it's going to be the same as those were anyway.

Trailer was mediocre.

I feel like I'm going to have the opposite problem with this movie to the one I had with TFA. Here I'm going to enjoy the writing and plot I think, but dislike the performances. That's my problem with trailer.

I like the idea of a outcast kid who feels fit to take part in the "rebellion", but, I just felt like the actress doesn't really look the part or deliver the lines properly. It's like, her look and delivery feels very chic and relaxed, but this seems to clash with what she's saying, especially on that line, "This is a rebellion right? I rebel." It's not even a bad line, but I made me cringe because of the way it was said.

Oh well, hopefully it's good but my expectations are not high.

4 minutes ago, decisions said:

Trailer was mediocre.

I feel like I'm going to have the opposite problem with this movie to the one I had with TFA. Here I'm going to enjoy the writing and plot I think, but dislike the performances. That's my problem with trailer.

I like the idea of a outcast kid who feels fit to take part in the "rebellion", but, I just felt like the actress doesn't really look the part or deliver the lines properly. It's like, her look and delivery feels very chic and relaxed, but this seems to clash with what she's saying, especially on that line, "This is a rebellion right? I rebel." It's not even a bad line, but I made me cringe because of the way it was said.

Oh well, hopefully it's good but my expectations are not high.

Agreed. But Star Wars is Star Wars. If it's bad it's still pretty good.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RAX said:

This is exciting. It's so cool getting another Star Wars film already with a new cast.

Get used to it, I'm sure you're aware, but new star wars movies every year from here on out.  

Plus, I'm sure once the resurgence of the franchise starts to gain even more momentum, we'll start to see 2 Star Wars films a year and likely some tie-in television shows.  Much in the same way that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has taken off.  I mean, its kind of a no brainer, Disney owns both properties, and both properties just print money at this point.

I think if they do more than the 1 movie and 1 tv show (rebels) that they are currently doing it will start to be overdone. The reason Marvel can do it is they have nearly 80 years worth of material and 00's of characters that are reasonably established

I'm still all for a live-action Netflix series like what Marvel has done. There have been rumors about a live action Star Wars show ever since Revenge of the Sith came out, and I'm sick of waiting for it. Let's get a real, non-animated TV show going (or, like I said before, preferably Netflix).

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Hey mike how do you feel about the prequels?

Hey Ghent, how do you feel about my feelings on the prequels? You never really made that clear. By the way, bad Star Wars is definitely not just limited to the prequels.

• Like 1