Game of Thrones Season 6!! Spoilers are in here.

Melty Mark

That was pretty terrible to be honest. They've really started taking Hollywood shortcuts, like for instance how the hell doesn't the Bolton soldiers realize or see Brienne is right behind them when they got hounds and stuff? And how did the two sand snakes get to the ship when they were last seen on the docks after the ship left in the last episode of season 5? Powerful swimmers?

And yes, I've read the books so I'm annoying to anyone who hasn't.

I never watch GoT episodes when they're released. I can't deal with one episode thats slow and boring and then waiting a week to forgot half the characters again - for the last two seasons I've just waited for it to finish airing and then do a weekend marathon of it, its much more enjoyable even if the first 4 episodes are usually boring as hell. 

4 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

Okay first episode, feel like it's lost its spark a little bit though. 

There's definitely going to be a build up to something huge.

Daenarys crossing over to Westeros with her dragons, the White Walkers breaking over the wall, Bran fucking shit up in animals bodies, the Sand Snakes coming from Dorne for revenge, the Greyjoys pillaging the coast, etc.

Martin even said that he expects the series to end in a graveyard with most the characters dead. He has 2 more books to wrap all of this up (which would be a max of around 4 more seasons), so it should be picking up soon.

book spoilers (might not apply to show):

Catelyn has been revived as a fucked up zombie by the lord of light and many characters have been sent to try to marry Daenarys - Dornish prince, leader of the Greyjoys, etc.

On 4/27/2016 at 1:46 PM, Buddy Holly said:

I just want Jon Snow brought back to life. Fuck the rest

Your wish is the show's command!

So happy omfg I screamed. They kept showing the dog and I was like, fuck, here goes this bullshit plot line, AND THEN HE BREATHES

I'm also glad to see Arya moving on up with the faceless, and I hope the dragons being free means something good for Dany, plus the fact that Brienne has Sansa is a big plus. Everything seems to be looking up for the good guys, which means that some of them are gonna probably die...

Was anyone actually surprised Jon woke up though? I feel like everyone saw that coming, it was just a matter of specifically when.

I was surprised when Ramsay killed his father. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have been, but I was.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Was anyone actually surprised Jon woke up though? I feel like everyone saw that coming, it was just a matter of specifically when.

I was surprised when Ramsay killed his father. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have been, but I was.

Yeah, I wasn't. I think his rage is gonna probably finish off another couple of minor characters that are likable, but ultimately he's defeated summarily. 

I was not thinking they'd bring him back this soon, but also, I was pretty certain from watching the way they kept panning to the dog that they were going to bring him back as his direwolf. I was going to be disappointed for very selfish reasons.

Yeah it was obvious Jon was coming back. He's the main character and without him the whole series is pointless. 

The more the series goes on, the more "a song of ice and fire" makes sense. At first I just thought it was because Stark (Ice) + Targaryen (Fire) = Jon Snow. But now the lord of light (fire) has brought back Jon on the wall after being murdered (ice). I imagine the two will continue the theme going in the future.