BORED TO DEATH OUT NOW!!!! MUSIC VIDEO ADDED

Mr Hoppus

Fair play Built This Pool sounds glorious. its like the ultimate cock tease only being 16 seconds. I mean, its a stupid non-joke but because it sounds so good and its so short its instantly a lot funnier than it should be. 

Bored to death is a great little pop rock song isn't it. I thinks it's brilliant tbh. The chorus' are big man, blast that shit. Bridge is a little busy I agree but Mark saves it. Forgot how much I love Marks vocal. Travis is a tank as usual. The main problem is that I can't hear Matt very well, it sounds like Mark haha and the ohhh's have grown on me and the outro is pretty cool. I don't understand what there is to dislike? I understand people wanted a follow up to untitled but get real ffs. I was against a pop punk album but the song is a fucking banger. Impossible not to like and Niku has said the other songs he's heard are better so my cock is fully erect tbh

think it would do quite well in the radio tbh as long as the big stations play it. I'm not sure radio 1 would play it but they play ATL and it's easily better than anything they've released since their first EP. 

• Like 4

I like the chorus. But I gotta be honest, to me it's not an outstanding song, it's okay but nothing more. If this wasn't blink, I guess I wouldn't necessarily listen to it more than once or twice and then forget about it.

Curious what the rest of the album will be like though.

• Like 3

blink-182online be like:

Tom releases a joke song

blink-182online: Blink isn't a joke band anymore, why can't he move on?. He's menthal.

Blink182 releases a joke song

blink-182online: MATT SKIBA IS GOD, this is the blink we love.

------

Tom doing oohhs in songs

blink-182online: He's trying to make it sound like AVA. fucking idiot. What's up with his teeth!?

Blink182 releases first single with Matt, and it contains Matt doing oohhs

blink-182online: MATT SKIBA IS GOD, this is the blink we love

2 minutes ago, Since88 said:

blink-182online be like:

Tom releases a joke song

blink-182online: Blink isn't a joke band anymore, why can't he move on?. He's menthal.

Blink182 releases a joke song

blink-182online: MATT SKIBA IS GOD, this is the blink we love.

------

Tom doing oohhs in songs

blink-182online: He's trying to make it sound like AVA. fucking idiot. What's up with his teeth!?

Blink182 releases first single with Matt, and it contains Matt doing oohhs

blink-182online: MATT SKIBA IS GOD, this is the blink we love

But there is a lot more that goes into it. There is an entire history. I don't think we'd have a problem with Tom doing "ohs" in a song if he didn't destroy Blink and go off and write MOSTLY shit music for many years.

We might have been more receptive to a Tom joke song if he didn't promise us a Blink album for 2 years, sign and contract, cancel out of the contract because he was so busy, and then go on to release an odds and ends album with the purpose of saying "see guys if they hadn't been so mean to me, you'd have had this".

You always have to view things in context.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

But there is a lot more that goes into it. There is an entire history. I don't think we'd have a problem with Tom doing "ohs" in a song if he didn't destroy Blink and go off and write MOSTLY shit music for many years.

We might have been more receptive to a Tom joke song if he didn't promise us a Blink album for 2 years, sign and contract, cancel out of the contract because he was so busy, and then go on to release an odds and ends album with the purpose of saying "see guys if they hadn't been so mean to me, you'd have had this".

You always have to view things in context.

i want to add onto this that his compulsion to write a joke song was because he for some reason now views blink as his "legacy" outfit, the band that was solely a joke, whereas his "real" art is being created in AVA. he said it himself, even at the beginning of the reunion. that, plus the fact that nearly all of that album was recorded hurriedly just to prove he was "working" on blink stuff and to save face... it's just insulting to the fanbase.

i've been pretty vocal about loving progressive blink and it seems this whole album is gonna be retro blink, including joke songs. i am totally okay with this. because at least it's natural, unlike tom's forced album of purportedly long-gestating demos lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

There's a difference in writing a joke song and thinking blink is a joke. That's where people started hating on him

Exactly, he has categorized blink as "dick and poop jokes", and says he has grown from that.  Also basically breaking down the fanbase to teenage fangirls.
When 90% of Blink's music is anything but dick and poop jokes.  It tackles love, relationships, and very serious issues like suicide, divorce, friendship, and losing friendship.  He breaks Blink down to the %10...which most of that was just extra songs on TOYPAJ and banter in between songs on TMTATS.

I know I shouldn't take it personally, but I did.  Being a big fan of Blink, it seemed like he was calling us all immature and it was time to move on.  It wouldn't have bugged me..if he had not have repeatedly said it over and over again in interviews.

Then...he turns around and does a "joke" song (Golden Showers in the Golden State)...which I still don't understand what the joke was even supposed to be.  It was just a song that had a lot of Fucks, mom's touching dicks, taking a shit on someone's chest, and saying it is hot in California.  Where is the joke....it is just a potty mouth song...and is not funny.  What sucks the most....musically...this song is amazing, the lyrics ruin it.

• Like 3