BORED TO DEATH OUT NOW!!!! MUSIC VIDEO ADDED

Mr Hoppus

I've been a few days without listening to any blink song, neither Bored To Death. But I just listened to it again, right now. It's absolutely fantastic. What a fucking comeback.

This is going a be a killer sing along song on the shows. It will make explode any venue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

Whats different in the radio edit?

I think they just shortened up the bridge a bit, wherein the full song, it goes through the whole "ooooh ooh ooh" section twice before Mark comes in, the radio edit just goes through that once. And I think they might've shortened the end a bit too, I can't remember.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I've been a few days without listening to any blink song, neither Bored To Death. But I just listened to it again, right now. It's absolutely fantastic. What a fucking comeback.

This is going a be a killer sing along song on the shows. It will make explode any venue.

I agree but I am also worried that Mark is going to struggle singing Bored To Death live. The last few times I've seen blink play live he has sounded very weak and his voice was being drowned out by the music. Fingers crossed he has been working on those vocals!

I thik they will tune down the song for the live performances. Alkaline Trio has been doing this since Agony & Irony (well, tons of bands, in fact), I believe, and it's a good thing. If they struggle singging in tune in standard tuning, maybe they will go for that.

What I'm curious to see is how they will arrange the song. I think it's a little tricky to play the guitar parts on the verses while singing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I thik they will tune down the song for the live performances. Alkaline Trio has been doing this since Agony & Irony (well, tons of bands, in fact), I believe, and it's a good thing. If they struggle singging in tune in standard tuning, maybe they will go for that.

What I'm curious to see is how they will arrange the song. I think it's a little tricky to play the guitar parts on the verses while singing.

I do this all the time when aying guitar/ bass along with my itunes. My pc has realtek sound drivers with options to add sound affects like arena hall or change pitch up or down 1/2 to 2 keys, i usually play down 1/2-1 key and makes it so much easier to sing. Also majes guitar sound more heavy and full

Yeah, it depends on the song though, but I think Matt's voice suits much better now on a deeper tuning, so to say. I also think Mark's should sound much better too. The live performance of Radio I posted on the Alkaline Trio thread is amazing, and they're playing it, I think, on a half tone down than the standard. Solid as fuck.

Edit: talking about live performances only.

8 hours ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

Whats different in the radio edit?

like was said above, the oh-oh's are shortened and it just goes into mark's bridge, and then the "we'll go over and over and over and over" is shortened from four times to two, i think. the ending i believe is also shortened

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boxelder said:

like was said above, the oh-oh's are shortened and it just goes into mark's bridge, and then the "we'll go over and over and over and over" is shortened from four times to two, i think. the ending i believe is also shortened

true, everything i listen tot he song I think the outro just ruins it, its ends on such a dud in my opinion. they should have either ended after the chrous or added another chrous to the end with more intruments to get more full sound.  the ohs ohs at the end just fall flat. 

• Like 1

I think they shoulda' had Travis' drum solo at the end happen during the build up just before the final chorus instead. Like Mark would sing "over and over and over" twice, then let the instrumentation take over for a couple more measures so they could fit a good chunk of the drum solo in there, then go back into the chorus and end on that final "life is too short to last long"

I love the song but after a while of listening to it, I do have the agree the outro does kinda' end the song on a bit of a lull, save for Travis' drum solo

Bored To Death was played twice on the Swiss national radio today and was also choosen as "song of the day". That's great, cause I don't remember the last time time they have played a blink song beside ATST. Also I don't think I've ever heard Up All Night on Swiss radio...

• Like 1

On 14 May 2016 at 3:53 PM, boxelder said:

that actually sounds like a much better edit, tbh. I may have to find it online

Just checked our local radio station's playlist here that actually plays Blink and they've recently been playing Bored to Death which is nice to see. I hardly ever listen to radio anymore. But nice to see they're playing the new one, they also played Dammit earlier today too. 

On 14-5-2016 at 5:05 PM, GuitarPunk2512 said:

true, everything i listen tot he song I think the outro just ruins it, its ends on such a dud in my opinion. they should have either ended after the chrous or added another chrous to the end with more intruments to get more full sound.  the ohs ohs at the end just fall flat. 

agreed.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like with the release of rabbit hole, it gave bored to death a bump in sales.  It's almost back in the top 100 on itunes. 

Also, Bored to Death is currently #2 on the Alternative charts. Should hit #1 by the time the album comes out.   Not sure when their last #1 was.