BORED TO DEATH OUT NOW!!!! MUSIC VIDEO ADDED

Mr Hoppus

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

it just feels good to listen to blink-182 again. the song just captures that feeling man

Indeed. I listened to the song 5 times in a row this morning. The bridge and the end just gives me chills everytime.

• Like 6

I think the song is great overall but for me the bridge is the worst part of the song by a mile.

Not knocking it or being a miserable fuck before Ghent jumps in, just think that Blink have always excelled at interludes and this one falls a bit flat compared to the rest of the song.

idk I think the bridge is fantastic. aside from the fact it's just rad to hear a vocal bridge again, marks lyrics are wonderful. it does get a little busy with the main instrumentation, oh-ohs, tambourine, marks double-tracked vocals, and synth/strings.

I really don't like the lyrics on this song at all, am I alone with that? I expect a certain level from Mark and this doesn't hit it.

• Like 1

I don't give a shit about lyrics tbh. This is blink. All their lyrics apart from untitled are cringey as fuck so why should we expect anything different. His lyrics are a lot better than toms pretentious shit. 

The chorus is pop punk gold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

I really don't like the lyrics on this song at all, am I alone with that? I expect a certain level from Mark and this doesn't hit it.

So do you like the lyrics on enema and toypaj then? What are you expecting I don't get it. It's a fun pop punk song, the lyrics are always going to be awful. 

As a writer and lyricist, I find nothing wrong with the lyrics in Bored To Death. There's a lot of fantastic stand out parts

"The voices in my head are always screaming that none of this means anything to me"

"The pictures in her head are always dreaming... Each of them means everything to me" 

"
i said 'i'm sorry; i'm afraid of a let down"
but all my friends are daring me to come over, 
so i come over and over and over

so let me buy you a drink and we'll pretend that you think
that i'm in the man of your dreams come to life in a dive bar
and we'll go over and over and over"

love it. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one not finding the song as upbeat as some people think? It definitely could suit a bright, fun video but at the same time I could totally imagine blink stood outside in the rain, at night singing the chorus.

Or maybe I'm just focusing on the lyrics too much?

1 hour ago, ManchesterAdam said:

Am I the only one not finding the song as upbeat as some people think? It definitely could suit a bright, fun video but at the same time I could totally imagine blink stood outside in the rain, at night singing the chorus.

Are music videos really that popular these days though? I wouldn't even know where to go to watch a music video of a new song haha.

I don't think the lyrics are terrible but I wish they didn't release the song with the lyric video. I spent the first few times listening to the song focusing on the lyrics which I don't find awesome but also not terrible. 

What would have been awesome is if they used the album artwork and turned it into a animated music video. Probably a lot more work involved to do that though.

2 hours ago, ManchesterAdam said:

I think the main clean guitar riff and the verses are about as dark as the song gets instrumentally. I think the bridge is pretty upbeat, and the chorus and outro are about as upbeat as the later songs on TOYPAJ e.g, Rollercoaster, Everytime I Look For You (which is exactly what I wanted from this new music)

• Like 1