The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

17 minutes ago, MSandt said:

The only reason he is alone is because he chooses to be. There’s nothing stopping him from getting other people involved. There’s a lot of musicians that need a job. If David or Matt or Atom don’t want to, he could always ask around or hold auditions.

8 minutes ago, b00bies said:

Tom's already doing his one-two thing meanwhile donuts camp is waiting for Feldy to rule a pension parade. it's gonna be fun to see bands releasing music at the same time. 

blink will 100% be finished before Tom is. 

I like the latest angels EPs though so, I'll give it a spin. 

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

i mean with these thousands of announcements you would think Toms record will never see the light, but chasing shadows and his stupid demos were released pretty fast. And offcourse Feldmanns camp will record 60 songs in a month therefore you're probably right. Good times to see the competition. 

I'm curious to see if Tom has still got something left in him. I hope he doesn't rush it, but, at the same time, I can't wait to hear it. We can all agree that it will be genuine music, at least.

38 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm not actually sure about this. I've noticed in recent years Tom does tend to release something whenever blink is about to release something. Although he never did it last year when blink released the deluxe. He's in it for the money just like Feldman, but at least Tom writes what he wants to write and isn't told what to write. Most likely it'll be an EP or an 8-10 song album. I'm looking forward to new AVA songs, cause the Chasing Shadows EP and Dream Walker album are great listens IMO. Far from perfect but some of the songs are killer.

Although I love GOTDF, I hope he doesn't go towards that sound. That song would be trash without Mark & Travis and if it wasn't for them, it'd sound like it's from the LOVE albums.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm not actually sure about this. I've noticed in recent years Tom does tend to release something whenever blink is about to release something. Although he never did it last year when blink released the deluxe. He's in it for the money just like Feldman, but at least Tom writes what he wants to write and isn't told what to write. Most likely it'll be an EP or an 8-10 song album. I'm looking forward to new AVA songs, cause the Chasing Shadows EP and Dream Walker album are great listens IMO. Far from perfect but some of the songs are killer.

Although I love GOTDF, I hope he doesn't go towards that sound. That song would be trash without Mark & Travis and if it wasn't for them, it'd sound like it's from the LOVE albums.

What did you think of Of Nightmares? I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I grew to really love it. 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, _Kyle_ said:

What? "behind his back"? I have never heard Mark or Tom say it was done in a dishonest way. Every member of blink had a hand in it and was aware of what it was, a one off side project that wasn't a priority. Travis himself didn't feel it was wrong, so why would Mark? Tom was very upfront that these songs didn't match Blink 182, and they shouldn't be forced into that mold. After TOYPAJ, he clearly wanted more Fugazi/posthardcore, but Mark wanted blink to sound like blink. I don't get how that's a dick move.

Maybe this is my interpretation, but I think Mark was worried that Tom was usurping him.

Trolling or not up to date on basic Blink history?

Welcome back to 2003 in Kerrang when it had clearly created a riff in the band.

Welcome to 2006 when Tom claimed that Mark never got over BCR.

Welcome to 2011 ish where Mark finally admitted that he took the whole BCR thing a lot harder than he should have.

Welcome to Travis Barker's book when he said it caused a big problem.

Yeah it's well known that Tom hadn't told Mark about BCR when he was doing it, or considered him at all when he got Travis on board. the whole 'forgotten bassist' thing.