The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

What year is second pic?

i think peak Mark is in the stay together for the kids music vid. I think all 3 of them are at their peak there. Travis looks great with hair

I think 2004-05...if anybody can actually get the year right speak up.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

^I remember that night really well, they got into a huge fight before the Grammys. Just like that one time on Conan.

But for real, didn't Tom show up like 5 minutes before their entrance? And no one knew if they were even going to be able to announce their reunion. Tom wasn't there for rehearsal and didn't know where to stand or what to say. Still one of the most awkward moments I've ever seen blink in, and it was my first clue that maybe things weren't going to be like old times after all. I guess I sensed a disturbance in the force when I watched it but didn't think much of it until we started hearing Tom couldn't record etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

But for real, didn't Tom show up like 5 minutes before their entrance? And no one knew if they were even going to be able to announce their reunion. Tom wasn't there for rehearsal and didn't know where to stand or what to say. Still one of the most awkward moments I've ever seen blink in, and it was my first clue that maybe things weren't going to be like old times after all. I guess I sensed a disturbance in the force when I watched it but didn't think much of it until we started hearing Tom couldn't record etc

I think so, I don't know if that was an indication of Tom's interests or he was just super nervous or something.  

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I think so, I don't know if that was an indication of Tom's interests or he was just super nervous or something.  

Yeah I mean it could've been nothing really. Just Tom standing there awkwardly. But man, was that video dissected by the blink community. I still think announcing their reunion at the Grammy's was kinda weird to begin with, seeing as how they'd never been nominated at that point in time.

I dunno. I just always thought it was odd. Something off. I got that same vibe when they hugged onstage the first time I saw them (and then saw the same exact hug performed in a YouTube video days later from an Ohio show or something).

They've always said he was ADD. I think he got bored in Blink. It seems like it's stifling to some degree, but I think he just fucking hates playing the greatest hits thing over and over and not being around his true passions and families.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

That "need to spend time with my family" excuse Tom always used to use for not doing blink really appears to have paid off for him.

Really dude?

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

^I remember that night really well, they got into a huge fight before the Grammys. Just like that one time on Conan.

I think I remember them saying Tom was stuck in traffic or something and didn't get there until they were walking out onstage, I don't think I ever heard they were fighting. And I think the Conan thing was obviously a joke.

• Like 1

Yea, the post where it was on the Strange Times script talking about a Sex Ed class in highschool, going in detail of the dildo or something they were using to put the condom on. It was super weird. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Loudernow said:

It must have been January 2007. I remember this picture from his hmnim blog and it was posted after the +44 concert in Zurich. 

this type of shit is why i love this place. i’m sure there’s other fan forums out there where people are just this dedicated, but i appreciate that we’re all so into this band to this degree haha

• Like 1