The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Now they're gonna dress Skiba in white and putting him on the left-back side of the stage like Sum 41 is doing with Tom Thacker. Then Feldy is going to appear on the shows in random songs just to jump around and all.

PURE MAGIC.

Always wondered about the possibility if Tom actually came back. If anything, Matt will probably step down, but if he stayed..they could set the stage up like four piece. You could probably fuel Tom’s ego by putting him in the center or have Matt in the middle as damage control so Mark doesn’t get in a fist fight with Tom.

3 hours ago, 4.40 said:

Always wondered about the possibility if Tom actually came back. If anything, Matt will probably step down, but if he stayed..they could set the stage up like four piece. You could probably fuel Tom’s ego by putting him in the center or have Matt in the middle as damage control so Mark doesn’t get in a fist fight with Tom.

That would be so god damn weird. I hope it happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NJansaid said:

The only thing worse than blink hanging around on threads is bands like Sum 41 hanging around.

Like seriously? You guys wrote 2 songs.  Let blink and green day be the only ones to do this.

Sum 41's last show I saw was 100 times better than the last blink show I saw. Not even a comparison.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

That's cool, that they still tour, because of 2 songs. Which aged terribly

Lol sum 41 have like 3 or 4 really good albums. Best shows I've gone to have been sum 41 and new found glory.  Blink has been very lackluster for a long time now. Sad to think about actually.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

That's cool, that they still tour, because of 2 songs. Which aged terribly

Eh I liked Chuck and the new album. Obviously I prefer blink as this isn't sum41online.com. But "I need a g!rl that I can train" hasn't passed the test of time either.

Either way, Sum 41 puts up a much better show these days in smaller venues.

Not the biggest fan of Sum 41's recent album but it's at least genuine. Sum 41 have about 3-4 hits that haven't aged well, but that doesn't take away from the rest of their music. Chuck is one of my all time favourite albums. Screaming Bloody Murder is pretty damn good too IMO. If there's anything California should've followed it's Sum 41's Screaming Bloody Murder album. Not on about the actual sound or style of it but they just gave no flying fucks about trying to write poppy mainstream stuff.

They just wanted to write whatever they wanted to write. It's far from a perfect album but it's a damn good one. They brought in a new guitarist and all that. It wasn't the same as it was with their original lead guitarist but man they just didn't give a shit. Love that album. But I guess I see a similar thing regarding Sum 41's Underclass Hero album. They went from Chuck to that.

I mean you could consider Chuck the smiley face/Neighborhoods version of their catalogue. Then it all changed when the lead guitarist left and Underclass Hero went way more pop punk. It was very backwards when talking about progression. Just like blink going from smiley face/Neighborhoods to California. Underclass Hero was very samey just like California. Probably had some better riffs than California though. Hopefully blink's next album follows a similar pattern and leaves the generic pop punk stuff behind like Sum 41 did with Screaming Bloody Murder.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bastard said:

Sum 41 is live 183 times better than Blink.

This is true.  I love going to blink shows, but they have never been particularly great at the live show, Sum 41 really surprised me with how great they sounded live the one time I saw them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

To each their own, I have no experience at their live show and am mostly trolling, I just find Sum 41, Offspring (post smash), Fall Out Boy, etc to be the most cheesy repetitive bands ever as they age.

As Fall Out Boy sound nothing like they used to do I can't see how you see them as repetitive

Taking Back Sunday is probably the only one i can think of from that timeframe that has still survived and making quality new music.

Blink is no better. They've joined the rest of them unless they have a major redemption here. Green Day is a shell. The rest are dead or a joke like Fall Out Boy.  Honestly, Goldfinger's latest was a decent surprise but still just Goldfinger at the end of the day.

• Like 2