The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I don't know if I was just born a little too late or what, but the Offspring was never in the same realm as Blink and Green Day and other punk bands I followed growing up. I heard some of their songs on the radio but I had no idea they were beloved. Never got into them at all.

Smash was a massive record, offspring were huge for a bit but the band sort of got covered up by the wave of punk that went mainstream right at the same time. Green Day, NoFX got massive, Rancid got massive, lagwagon, Bad Religion. It all just blew up in a major way and Offspring just got buried.

17 hours ago, Kevin. said:

This Sum 41 hate is lame. i don't think they've had a good album since Chuck but at least they aren't hiring pop song writers to make albums for them. Also, their tours sell insanely well and they still manage to rake in plenty of new/younger fans. Not to mention their live performance rules. They've got a good thing going for them. 

It’s especially lame coming from a huge Taking Back Sunday fan. That band is lame as hell lol

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, NJansaid said:

First Date has one of the funniest videos of all time attached to it.  It gets a pass.

Sum 41 is b-grade pop punk garbage that you listen to in 6th grade to feel edgy about not doing the dishes on time.  It's a step below First Date & ATST because it tries to be edgy on top of being cheesy/polished pop punk.

You suck. Taking Back Sunday is a horrible little whiny emo Band, you’re sticking up for them but bashing Sum 41? Lol what a joke 

Offspring have some solid songs and a few good albums. I actually think "Conspiracy Of One" is one of my biggest influences electric guitar wise, I got into it at just the right time (same time as blink and alk3 for me) like this song still absolutely kills me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Offspring have some solid songs and a few good albums. I actually think "Conspiracy Of One" is one of my biggest influences electric guitar wise, I got into it at just the right time (same time as blink and alk3 for me) like this song still absolutely kills me.

Reminds me of System of a Down's cover of Metro in the verse.

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Offspring was definitley in the same realm as Green Day and Blink. They were definitely bigger than NOFX, Rancid, or any of those other bands with Smash and Americana. Smash is the highest selling independent album of all time, I think it sold like 12-14 million records? That’s fucking amazing as an independent album and then and the record label surely made serious bank from that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

You suck. Taking Back Sunday is a horrible little whiny emo Band, you’re sticking up for them but bashing Sum 41? Lol what a joke 

No YOU Suck. TBS is a bit whiny in their early years but fantastic albums as they grew and way more unique than the likes of Sum Edgy-1.  

7 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

No YOU Suck. TBS is a bit whiny in their early years but fantastic albums as they grew and way more unique than the likes of Sum Edgy-1.  

Nobody is claiming Sum 41 is edgy ya douche. TBS is horrible. Go back to your sisters pants, put on some makeup and go cry in your bedroom

1 hour ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Smash was a massive record, offspring were huge for a bit but the band sort of got covered up by the wave of punk that went mainstream right at the same time. Green Day, NoFX got massive, Rancid got massive, lagwagon, Bad Religion. It all just blew up in a major way and Offspring just got buried.

I remember Self Esteem and Come Out & Play came out and were huge and I was obsessed with Smash.

Then they got poppier with Pretty Fly, Hit That, Kids Aren't Alright, and those string of hits.

They definitely had a good little run, but they were the kings of repetitive filler songs after Smash. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

Nobody is claiming Sum 41 is edgy ya douche. TBS is horrible. Go back to your sisters pants, put on some makeup and go cry in your bedroom

Don't act like you didn't have this phase.  TBS aged well though, I definitely don't consider them emo any more.

1 minute ago, NJansaid said:

I remember Self Esteem and Come Out & Play came out and were huge and I was obsessed with Smash.

Then they got poppier with Pretty Fly, Hit That, Kids Aren't Alright, and those string of hits.

They definitely had a good little run, but they were the kings of repetitive filler songs after Smash. 

I loved Smash! My mom used to let me sing along to bad habit while we were driving and 7 year old me thought the cussing part was awesome!

Smash, Ixnay and Americana was a great little run but after that I couldn't have cared less about the band.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

Definitely a lack of sex going on there. That’s why he’s in his bedroom crying as he listens to Taking Back Sunday alone ?

Sum 41 literally writes songs about how no females would ever like them and how you need to go jerk off to your tears in your bedroom.

2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Don't act like you didn't have this phase.  TBS aged well though, I definitely don't consider them emo any more.

Na, never thought they were edgy. And TBS blows as bad as they ever did. Terrible band. You’re a wanker have a nice day 

15 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

What song is that in???

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

Talk about emo.

16 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Why is everyone getting so riled up and trying to convince me to like a certain band or not..

ab627a9719497f8f50d30ae52dee1b5de2c6da41

I do not like First Date. 

I see nothing wrong with this.  But, this was quite the edgy defense for the edgelord of pop punk bands.

No shit music is subjective. You're mischaracterizing the band to something they aren't, that is what I'm taking issue with.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

Talk about emo.

I don’t even know that song. I’m not even a huge sum 41 fan at all. But I can guarantee you TBS has far for emo lyrics to offer than this one example. Listen to what you want. I really don’t care. Just ironic you as a TBS fan are trying to knock Sum 41