If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

Talk about emo.

Why did this work?! Lol

• Like 1

Offspring were definitely huge. I remember them on the radio and on TV music channels all the time from around 99-02. Probably bigger than Green Day at the time actually. I was only 1 year old when Smash came out so I can't comment on how huge they was back then. But Conspiracy of One was a damn successful album too. Want You Bad was on TV all the time. Pretty Fly For a White Guy from the Americana album was huge and still is, like blink with ATSM. I remember Original Prankster being on TV all the time too. Why Don't You Get a Job was also a pretty famous song.

Never understood how the song You're Gonna Go Far Kid is considered successful and popular though. I can't remember the music video being aired on TV or that song being on the radio. Yet somehow it's one of their most overplayed songs. Most played song of theirs on Spotify too. Like how? I can't even remember what that song actually songs like. Plus when people talk about the Offspring over here, nobody even knows of that song and the album it was on.

2 hours ago, NJansaid said:

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

Talk about emo.

But what
Did you expect from me? What am I supposed to do?
You say that you're starting to feel like you're getting lost
Well, I do too

I don't wanna live this lie again (I don't wanna live this lie again)
I know I'll get it right but I don't know when
I'll open my eyes, I've got something in side
I'll just jack off in my room until then

23 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Offspring has sold about 35 million records. Not bad at all. The trifecta is Green Day, Blink, Offspring in terms of sales.

Yeah their album sales are incredible that's what is interesting to me haha, they can definitely make the claim that they're part of a pop punk royal trifecta but it just felt like they were in some other realm of music for some reason. I definitely never knew any big Offspring fans or grew up with any bands who were influenced by them. We were all obsessed with Blink, Green Day, Rancid, shit even Goldfinger "felt" more popular in my little music world at that time haha the Offspring just wasn't on the radar for some reason, maybe it was just my city, who knows!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah their album sales are incredible that's what is interesting to me haha, they can definitely make the claim that they're part of a pop punk royal trifecta but it just felt like they were in some other realm of music for some reason. I definitely never knew any big Offspring fans or grew up with any bands who were influenced by them. We were all obsessed with Blink, Green Day, Rancid, shit even Goldfinger "felt" more popular in my little music world at that time haha the Offspring just wasn't on the radar for some reason, maybe it was just my city, who knows!

I know what you mean. Dexter Holland is nowhere as influential as say Billie Joe, Tim Armstrong, or Tom Delonge. I never knew anybody who was a geek about them either. They just had hits and decent longevity. Also the 90s was the goldmine to break big in music and actually sell records.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Not sure why anyone is bothering to take the time to argue with a guy who thinks Dave Matthews is the best artist of his generation.

Nope, Dave Mathews Band, and in terms of talent/longetivy/success/story, you could make an argument for the U.S. at least.

They're not my favorite or anything but @_Kyle_kept hyping them up so I looked into them.

1 hour ago, Whales said:

But what
Did you expect from me? What am I supposed to do?
You say that you're starting to feel like you're getting lost
Well, I do too

I don't wanna live this lie again (I don't wanna live this lie again)
I know I'll get it right but I don't know when
I'll open my eyes, I've got something in side
I'll just jack off in my room until then

This was funny though. 

31 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I definitely consider them emo. Definitely aged better than their contemporaries. 

They were definitely emo/punk at inception, I'm pretty sure they were even pioneers of it, but as they aged they really evolved well. I wouldn't even consider them emo for last few records.

4 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Nope, Dave Mathews Band, and in terms of talent/longetivy/success/story, you could make an argument for the U.S. at least.

They're not my favorite or anything but @_Kyle_kept hyping them up so I looked into them.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. You're shitting on Sum 41 (hey, more power to ya) but going to bat for Dave Matthews Band? Ok, that's all I need to know.