The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

29 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Dude I only know like a handful of songs by DMB and they all sound the same (terrible). I'm not going to go outta my way to listen to any song by them. Dave's voice is terrible. They're the American version of Nickelback. That's a better comparison actually. Sum 41 is in the pop-punk arena.

Kind of hypocritical from a blink fan..Glad you're admitting it though.  There's some really good DMB tracks outside of the hits just like there's really good blink tracks outside of ATST and I Miss You.  Also very different.

9 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

But would you argue that she's the best artist of our generation?

No because of overall success, talent level, originality, longevity, hits, albums, live show, story, etc.  It's not album sales = ranking, but I think you know this, Patient.

What is this Dave Mathews Band nonsense? Nobody outside of the US gives a flying fuck about them, most people have never heard about them. Might me the best band to rednecks with a pick-up truck, but they're so repetitive, they never made it across the border

Not a huge fan of sum41 but they headline festivals across the globe... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Kind of hypocritical from a blink fan..Glad you're admitting it though.  There's some really good DMB tracks outside of the hits just like there's really good blink tracks outside of ATST and I Miss You.  Also very different.

Wait--how exactly am I hypocritical?

My old roommate used to play a live concert DVD in college I inevitably overheard. Dave Matthews seemed like a jerkoff and the music was about as bland and vanilla as you can get. Just like the Chili Peppers, you hear a song and then it blends in similarly to the next song.

Music, being subjective, means that all the DMB fans who go to shows and buy their music would obviously disagree with me. As you do.

Just like how a ton of people on this very message board went to bat against you for condemning Sum 41. Which is your right. And our right to counter. 

But you couldn't pay me to listen to DMB, even for the sake of our argument/disagreent here. Not sure if that means you "win" but then everyone's right, by your logic, Shania Twain is objectively better than DMB.

2 hours ago, Neal said:

What is this Dave Mathews Band nonsense? Nobody outside of the US gives a flying fuck about them, most people have never heard about them. Might me the best band to rednecks with a pick-up truck, but they're so repetitive, they never made it across the border

Not a huge fan of sum41 but they headline festivals across the globe... 

Jesus Christ I only said specifically U.S. five separate times. 

Least redneck band ever too, 4/5 members are black and write complex 8 minute songs.  You guys are 12.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Wait--how exactly am I hypocritical?

"Dude I only know like a handful of songs by DMB and they all sound the same"

That implied, to me, that you only heard the singles. Which is hypocritical as a blink fan because we all had to deal with people only hearing ATST, First Date, WMAA, Miss You and calling it from there.  Personally, I don't like any of DMB older famous hits, much like I don't love Blink's.  The parallels don't stop there either.

My old roommate used to play a live concert DVD in college I inevitably overheard. Dave Matthews seemed like a jerkoff and the music was about as bland and vanilla as you can get. Just like the Chili Peppers, you hear a song and then it blends in similarly to the next song.

Whoa, pause. I'm no Red Hot fanatic, and agree they can blend a lot, but you are basing a lot again off hits.. No way should anyone describe them as bland though.

Music, being subjective, means that all the DMB fans who go to shows and buy their music would obviously disagree with me. As you do.

I don't go to DMB shows lol, I just know the world doesn't revolve around 2000s pop punk even though blinks my favorite band.

Just like how a ton of people on this very message board went to bat against you for condemning Sum 41. Which is your right. And our right to counter. 

Right, it is, but you might as well call it sum41fans.com with the amount of butthurtedness over it.

But you couldn't pay me to listen to DMB, even for the sake of our argument/disagreent here. Not sure if that means you "win" but then everyone's right, by your logic, Shania Twain is objectively better than DMB.

Shania Twain has album sales, I already said that's not what I'm all basing it off of.  You don't have to, but that's definitely songs I'd recommend that have nothing in similarity to Dave hits where he's singing and shit.