The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, NotNow said:

Love part 1 came out 18 months before neighborhoods. He wasn’t really working on anything else until after love part 1 came out.

Dunno, Neighborhoods was originally meant to be released in 2009. I remember they kept pushing it back every few months. There were already clips of an early version of Up All Night in 2009 and I remember some video clip of Tom playing Wishing Well on his acoustic around the 09-10 period too. But he probably rushed Love Part 2 a lot more than he did Love Part 1.

8 hours ago, anders182 said:

You heard clips from the new album? 

Yeah, there's clips on Tom's instagram and the AVA instagram page. At least there was, but I'll check to see if they're still there.

6 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Dunno, Neighborhoods was originally meant to be released in 2009. I remember they kept pushing it back every few months. There were already clips of an early version of Up All Night in 2009 and I remember some video clip of Tom playing Wishing Well on his acoustic around the 09-10 period too. But he probably rushed Love Part 2 a lot more than he did Love Part 1.

Yeah, there's clips on Tom's instagram and the AVA instagram page. At least there was, but I'll check to see if they're still there.

pretty sure the clip of him playing Wishing Well is from like 2008, and I think they'd done diddly bugger all in 2009 for the blink record - it didn't take them two years to then record written material, they'd barely started. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

pretty sure the clip of him playing Wishing Well is from like 2008, and I think they'd done diddly bugger all in 2009 for the blink record - it didn't take them two years to then record written material, they'd barely started. 

2008? Really? Wow. Tom definitely sits on shit for a long time haha.

39 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I mean you can hear the Up All Night riff in the blink's MTV Album Launch from 2003.

I'm sure I've heard the Snake Charmer/Machine riff in one of these videos before. And a very vague riff of GOTDF in one of them too. Maybe the album launch. Won't be able to find it but I remember the fuzzy distorted tone that's similar to the one he uses on the riff of GOTDF.

I gotta be in the right mood for AVA but when I am, I really dig it. Listened to Love 1/2 last night after a weird week and it really hit me in the feels. Miss Tom's music and hope he's well. Definitely looking forward to the next AVA album and would love to see him live one more time.

12 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I know it's not going ro happen but I would love a more stripped down AvA album. Lose the synth and shit effects and just let the songs be the songs without all the fluff.

If he did that it'd be a lot harder to deny that the songs are just a bit shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Listening to those clips again, Tom knows how to work a guitar so much better than anyone in blink and it’s not even fair.

Mark is a good rhythm guitarist but yeah, no one beats Tom when it comes to pop punk guitar... and whatever you want to call ava

• Like 1