The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

It was kinda cool. Definitely kinda confirms he got divorced.  He also mentions that with blink going from a little band living in his parents to garage to being one of the biggest bands out there, he realized anything is possible and kinda why he started TTS.  Thats maybe why he does these kinda dumb business is because he just thinks you can do anything no matter what it is.  I remember someone saying that might be his problem with all this.

11 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Do you mean here?

Screenshot-20190324-011921.png

That just looks like grey hair to me.

Yep, right where you put a circle on. It is definitely something in there, never noticed it before, must be connected somehow to that behind the ear tattoo.IMG-20190324-180618.png

Ya know, I think I get it now. If this UFO work gives Tom's life meaning and a reason to wake up every day, fuck blink. It's his passion and I don't want him near blink until he feels that for his old band, if that ever happens. And if it doesn't blink still went farther than anyone would've guessed. Let Travis and Mark do their thing, no matter how much the cowriters sting my blink pride, and Tom can go do his thing.

But yeah, at times Tom looked like he could sure use a hug or something. And yeah he's 100% separated from Jenn. The hard year comment, referencing his parents fighting and how skateboarding took him away from that, comparing motorcycles with skateboarding, reading between the lines, yeah. I hope he finds what he's looking for, even he doesn't end up discovering extraterrestrials. And I think he'll have a lot to draw from on his next AVA album.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

The thing is tho he could make shitloads from just writing with blink instead of Angel's and airwaves and the odd tour would pay for all his UFO shit, he wouldn't need to bankrupt himself trying to reach his dream, makes no sense to me

I think music is something he likes to do now when he wants to do it. Wouldn't work with blink

Part of me really feels for Tom. I mean in the past couple years he left blink, a band that was his lifes work and what hes known for (his doing, i know), his dad died during the dream walker recording and now hes separated from his wife. At this point I just want TTS to succeed. Could only imagine going through all that only to have this big business venture and what you call the thing you were meant to do with your life fail. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, knapton said:

Part of me really feels for Tom. I mean in the past couple years he left blink, a band that was his lifes work and what hes known for (his doing, i know), his dad died during the dream walker recording and now hes separated from his wife. At this point I just want TTS to succeed. Could only imagine going through all that only to have this big business venture and what you call the thing you were meant to do with your life fail. 

Critter died the same year his dad died. If we’re being honest, critter was his musical partner since 2005 moreso than Mark. Tom slowly started to begin losing interest in making music after his death.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 3:48 PM, knapton said:

It was kinda cool. Definitely kinda confirms he got divorced.  He also mentions that with blink going from a little band living in his parents to garage to being one of the biggest bands out there, he realized anything is possible and kinda why he started TTS.  Thats maybe why he does these kinda dumb business is because he just thinks you can do anything no matter what it is.  I remember someone saying that might be his problem with all this.

I agree. He can even get rid of those Ford hats FFS.

BTW, the heart behind his ear popped up on the Untitled recording era, if memory serves me right. He got it then.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, prankerd14 said:

The thing is tho he could make shitloads from just writing with blink instead of Angel's and airwaves and the odd tour would pay for all his UFO shit, he wouldn't need to bankrupt himself trying to reach his dream, makes no sense to me

He’s punk as fuck mate. The last true punk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm actually all for the next AVA release. It's guaranteed to make me roll my eyes at some point, but I see me getting more enjoyment out of it than whatever turd blink come out with. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1