The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 hours ago, dildo69er said:

If only your username was Mark182222. I still think more passion and talented songwriting exists on +44 than anything after it. Boxcar was an amazing album as was Self Titled clearly. But since 03, my opinion sits with +44 as the best album any of them has done since 03. So opinion is one thing, fact as you list is another. 

Mayb

3 hours ago, dildo69er said:

If only your username was Mark182222. I still think more passion and talented songwriting exists on +44 than anything after it. Boxcar was an amazing album as was Self Titled clearly. But since 03, my opinion sits with +44 as the best album any of them has done since 03. So opinion is one thing, fact as you list is another. 

Maybe, but Ava is basically a different genre than +44, even though they have pop punk elements. Plus, Tom has released about 6 albums compared to Mark's 1 

51 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Maybe, but Ava is basically a different genre than +44, even though they have pop punk elements. Plus, Tom has released about 6 albums compared to Mark's 1 

So your argument is quantity over quality?

58 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

So your argument is quantity over quality?

Personally I like the first 2 Ava albums better than +44's. If you combine all of Tom's best songs after 03, I don't think it's even close. Lots of fans prefer Mark though, so I get why they love +44. 

6 hours ago, tom18222 said:

we can all hate on tom as much as we want but you need to acknowledge the fact that he clearly was the most talented songwriter and musician in the band, they clearly have nothing without him so they had the bring feldman in to pick up the slack 

Tom really shined on the 03 album. He has proven that he is the better musician for a long time. 

Again your stating opinions as fact. Tom himself has said that after love part 2 all of the albums sounded the same. To me playing one album back to front, post 03 +44 is miles ahead. That's the beauty of opinions you can have your own. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dildo69er said:

Again your stating opinions as fact. Tom himself has said that after love part 2 all of the albums sounded the same. To me playing one album back to front, post 03 +44 is miles ahead. That's the beauty of opinions you can have your own. 

But aren't you forgetting Tom's greatest release ever....Odds Ends & Demos!!! It even had a California song at end!

For real though. All kidding aside +44 > AVA for the most part. But AVA is more successful due to sheer quantity and an AVA greatest hits may surpass +44's line album in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Even as a fan of later AVA I don't think you can string together any 13 tracks from their whole discography and have it line up in quality to the +44 record, I don't even like songs like Cliff Diving or Weatherman and I still think it consistently dunks AVA's head in the toilet. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Even as a fan of later AVA I don't think you can string together any 13 tracks from their whole discography and have it line up in quality to the +44 record, I don't even like songs like Cliff Diving or Weatherman and I still think it consistently dunks AVA's head in the toilet. 

A bunch of AVA's tracks have grown on me over the years quite unexpectedly. And tracks I liked upon release like Secret Crowds wouldn't touch my top 13. I like Weatherman but didn't when I was younger by comparison.

29 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I'm actually a little surprised that Tom hasn't farted out an AVA Greatest Hits album with extortionate bundles as a cheeky little cash grab. I can only assume he knows that there aren't enough decent tracks to make it worthwhile. A Greatest Hits EP would just be embarrassing 

I mean, singles wise it'd be something like - 

The Adventure

It Hurts

Do It For Me Now

The War

Everything's Magic

Secret Crowds

Breathe

Hallucinations

Epic Holiday

Anxiety 

Surrender

Paralyzed

The Wolfpack

Tunnels

It's awful but technically could be done, although as CD sales are barely a thing now I wouldn't see the point, Greatest Hits releases don't really work so well in the age of streaming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I mean, singles wise it'd be something like - 

The Adventure

It Hurts

Do It For Me Now

The War

Everything's Magic

Secret Crowds

Breathe

Hallucinations

Epic Holiday

Anxiety 

Surrender

Paralyzed

The Wolfpack

Tunnels

It's awful but technically could be done, although as CD sales are barely a thing now I wouldn't see the point, Greatest Hits releases don't really work so well in the age of streaming. 

Looks like an awful cd that. 

Yeah, the streaming age is ace for convenience but I'm still a cd guy myself, I rarely actively play CDs, but I always buy them for bands I really like as I love having a proper physical item

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Looks like an awful cd that. 

Yeah, the streaming age is ace for convenience but I'm still a cd guy myself, I rarely actively play CDs, but I always buy them for bands I really like as I love having a proper physical item

I've always thought of ways to try counter all that streaming stuff. I'm talking more about illegal streaming though. Always wondered why bands haven't had devices for albums, similar to the iLok thing that's used on Pro Tools. Like you can only listen to shit if you have a device similar to that iLok. Or there's games on that Steam application and can only play them if you buy them using Steam. Obviously there's always gonna be ways where people can still listen to it free. I'm sure people still use Pro Tools without iLoks.

I miss going to places with CD's though. But all CD shops that have closed down where I live. Can't even go to any store to buy something I want. Literally have to order from Amazon. HMV in my area literally just has chart music.

8 hours ago, dildo69er said:

Obviously its my opinion since Im the one saying it. What exactly is the problem? He sang on more songs on the 03 album, is the lead guitarist. Its not like TOYPAJ or Enema where it was split down the middle and they felt like equals.

For what its worth, Ava sold more albums too