The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just now, Kay said:

This is A Little's Enough isn't it? I always thought this was quite possibly the worst AVA song of all time. It's full of cringe lyrics and awful vocals. It genuinely reminded me of Simple Plan when I first heard it, vocally. I still think "Your smile is gone, I noticed it bad" is one of the stupidest fucking lyrics ever written. 

hey screw you guys, i love this song!

• Like 1

I like A Little's Enough but I feel blink did a similar song in I'm Lost Without You, which blows that song out the water. Outside a couple of dodgy lyrics and the bridge of A Little's Enough, it's a pretty good song IMO. Love the verses that lead into that palm muted part.

5 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

A Little Enough is good, lyrics are shit but the music is good. Classic AVA really tbh. 

I tend to agree.  I like it as a slower AaA song.  The lyrics definitely could use some work, but its a good listen overall, Good Day is very similar for me, man I hate some of those lyrics, but the song overall is very solid.

I bought that book that that motorcycle website did with him.  Just like a 10 page bit about him in like a coffee table book. Its got a couple parts that werent in the video and one is where he says something along the lines of - being in a band is awesome, but ive done that for the past 15 years.  At the end of the day you're still playing the same songs everynight, waking up in a parking lot and hanging around all day for 1 hour of adrenaline. Mentioned how monotonous it gets and that this is something new and exciting for him right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

It's not even that the lyrics are ALL bad ... its like he had placeholders on some parts, never got around to finishing the lyrics and just recorded the placeholders instead.

I've always had the feeling that this is what happened with most of Tom's songs.