The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Taking Back Sunday is probably the only one i can think of from that timeframe that has still survived and making quality new music.

Blink is no better. They've joined the rest of them unless they have a major redemption here. Green Day is a shell. The rest are dead or a joke like Fall Out Boy.  Honestly, Goldfinger's latest was a decent surprise but still just Goldfinger at the end of the day.

eh, havent been that great since fred left. 

brand new on the other hand was great right until the end

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

All Killer, No Filler and DTLI have aged well IMO. Never got into Chuck so can’t comment. Makes No Difference also aged well.

Except for the part where it didn't age well, and was never that good to begin with. 

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

eh, havent been that great since fred left. 

Didn't Fred come back for a couple more albums? Either way, Happiness Is and Tidal Wave were as good as their initial releases imo. 

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

brand new on the other hand was great right until the end

They had longevity as well, forgot about them.

lol complaining about the likes of Fat Lip on a blink message board as if blink has never pooped out a single that bad.  I'd argue blink have a few singles worse than Fat Lip.  And I say 'worse' as someone who never has had a problem with Fat Lip.  I don't love it, but it hasn't gotten to the point where I wish it was never a single like say First Date has.

• Like 2

First Date has one of the funniest videos of all time attached to it.  It gets a pass.

Sum 41 is b-grade pop punk garbage that you listen to in 6th grade to feel edgy about not doing the dishes on time.  It's a step below First Date & ATST because it tries to be edgy on top of being cheesy/polished pop punk.

13 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

First Date has one of the funniest videos of all time attached to it.  It gets a pass.

Sum 41 is b-grade pop punk garbage that you listen to in 6th grade to feel edgy about not doing the dishes on time.  It's a step below First Date & ATST because it tries to be edgy on top of being cheesy/polished pop punk.

A good video doesn't excuse a song, great that you have memories of the video, but the video is not the song.  I don't give a shit about the videos when I'm just listening to the song in question, when I'm working out if Fat Lip comes on, I'm listening to it, if First Date comes on, 9 times out of 10 I'm skipping it these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Haha. Any Tom news I miss this week or just the guitar pic Travis posted?

Nothing yet, think we're all still trying to decipher the whole mystery behind Tom & Mark in Sun Valley Idaho at the same time.

14 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Wow, you are really missing the point, not sure if you're just doing a poor trolling job or if the point that I'm making is genuinely going over your head.

Yes, I'm aware music videos are separate from audio tracks...I don't like First Date but I'm giving it a pass for making that memorable video.  Then you brought up working out, not sure why.  Not sure why you'd listen to any pop punk during a workout regardless if it's Sum Edgy-1 or not.

Fat Lip was fucking awesome. It came out at such a perfect time for me, when two of the biggest bands in my life were Blink and the Beastie Boys. I couldn't believe those dudes basically just mashed them up like that, I was actually kinda bummed when I listened to the rest of their album because I thought all of their songs were gonna have that Beastie Boys element haha. Still a decent pop punk album and decent band though in my mind, although I haven't listened to anything new from them since like 2004?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Nothing yet, think we're all still trying to decipher the whole mystery behind Tom & Mark in Sun Valley Idaho at the same time.

Yes, I'm aware music videos are separate from audio tracks...I don't like First Date but I'm giving it a pass for making that memorable video.  Then you brought up working out, not sure why.  Not sure why you'd listen to any pop punk during a workout regardless if it's Sum Edgy-1 or not.

I play stations of my music and blink and sum 41 will pop up from time to time while I work out.  Working out was just meant to be a stand in for whatever activity I'm talking about, working out is absolutely one of them, but if I'm doing chores, if I'm just chilling in my room, etc. etc.  my point was that there are plenty of instances where I'm going to want to hear the likes of Fat Lip over First Date any day, working out being one of many such activities.  Also,  not sure why you think this music would make for bad workout music, blink can be great music to work out to in my experience. 

10 hours ago, NJansaid said:

I don't think First Date was ever intended for your workouts..

Regardless, by your own admission here, it would seem that you agree that there are at least situations like working out where First Date would be the less desirable song to hear over Fat Lip, so on some level it would seem you at least partly agree with me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Nope. This didn't change my mind.  Sum 41 still sucks ass.

Oh I hate Sum 41, but disliking something and pretending it wasn't successful are not the same, and your purposely arguing pointless crap. It's the shittiest trolling tactic.