Jump to content
 
Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (Meltdown Inactive)

Recommended Posts

Offspring have some solid songs and a few good albums. I actually think "Conspiracy Of One" is one of my biggest influences electric guitar wise, I got into it at just the right time (same time as blink and alk3 for me) like this song still absolutely kills me.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

Offspring have some solid songs and a few good albums. I actually think "Conspiracy Of One" is one of my biggest influences electric guitar wise, I got into it at just the right time (same time as blink and alk3 for me) like this song still absolutely kills me.

 

Reminds me of System of a Down's cover of Metro in the verse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

Offspring have some solid songs and a few good albums. I actually think "Conspiracy Of One" is one of my biggest influences electric guitar wise, I got into it at just the right time (same time as blink and alk3 for me) like this song still absolutely kills me.

 

Offspring was definitley in the same realm as Green Day and Blink. They were definitely bigger than NOFX, Rancid, or any of those other bands with Smash and Americana. Smash is the highest selling independent album of all time, I think it sold like 12-14 million records? That’s fucking amazing as an independent album and then and the record label surely made serious bank from that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

You suck. Taking Back Sunday is a horrible little whiny emo Band, you’re sticking up for them but bashing Sum 41? Lol what a joke 

No YOU Suck. TBS is a bit whiny in their early years but fantastic albums as they grew and way more unique than the likes of Sum Edgy-1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

No YOU Suck. TBS is a bit whiny in their early years but fantastic albums as they grew and way more unique than the likes of Sum Edgy-1.  

Nobody is claiming Sum 41 is edgy ya douche. TBS is horrible. Go back to your sisters pants, put on some makeup and go cry in your bedroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Smash was a massive record, offspring were huge for a bit but the band sort of got covered up by the wave of punk that went mainstream right at the same time. Green Day, NoFX got massive, Rancid got massive, lagwagon, Bad Religion. It all just blew up in a major way and Offspring just got buried.

I remember Self Esteem and Come Out & Play came out and were huge and I was obsessed with Smash.

Then they got poppier with Pretty Fly, Hit That, Kids Aren't Alright, and those string of hits.

They definitely had a good little run, but they were the kings of repetitive filler songs after Smash. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

Nobody is claiming Sum 41 is edgy ya douche. TBS is horrible. Go back to your sisters pants, put on some makeup and go cry in your bedroom

Don't act like you didn't have this phase.  TBS aged well though, I definitely don't consider them emo any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJansaid said:

I remember Self Esteem and Come Out & Play came out and were huge and I was obsessed with Smash.

Then they got poppier with Pretty Fly, Hit That, Kids Aren't Alright, and those string of hits.

They definitely had a good little run, but they were the kings of repetitive filler songs after Smash. 

I loved Smash! My mom used to let me sing along to bad habit while we were driving and 7 year old me thought the cussing part was awesome!

Smash, Ixnay and Americana was a great little run but after that I couldn't have cared less about the band.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

Definitely a lack of sex going on there. That’s why he’s in his bedroom crying as he listens to Taking Back Sunday alone 😂

Sum 41 literally writes songs about how no females would ever like them and how you need to go jerk off to your tears in your bedroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Don't act like you didn't have this phase.  TBS aged well though, I definitely don't consider them emo any more.

Na, never thought they were edgy. And TBS blows as bad as they ever did. Terrible band. You’re a wanker have a nice day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Oliver’s Flaccid Penis said:

What song is that in???

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

 

Talk about emo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NJansaid said:

 

Why is everyone getting so riled up and trying to convince me to like a certain band or not..

ab627a9719497f8f50d30ae52dee1b5de2c6da41

 

I do not like First Date. 

I see nothing wrong with this.  But, this was quite the edgy defense for the edgelord of pop punk bands.

No shit music is subjective. You're mischaracterizing the band to something they aren't, that is what I'm taking issue with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

 

Talk about emo.

I don’t even know that song. I’m not even a huge sum 41 fan at all. But I can guarantee you TBS has far for emo lyrics to offer than this one example. Listen to what you want. I really don’t care. Just ironic you as a TBS fan are trying to knock Sum 41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why anyone is bothering to take the time to argue with a guy who thinks Dave Matthews is the best artist of his generation.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I'd thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better jerking off in my room alone

 

Talk about emo.

Why did this work?! Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offspring were definitely huge. I remember them on the radio and on TV music channels all the time from around 99-02. Probably bigger than Green Day at the time actually. I was only 1 year old when Smash came out so I can't comment on how huge they was back then. But Conspiracy of One was a damn successful album too. Want You Bad was on TV all the time. Pretty Fly For a White Guy from the Americana album was huge and still is, like blink with ATSM. I remember Original Prankster being on TV all the time too. Why Don't You Get a Job was also a pretty famous song.

Never understood how the song You're Gonna Go Far Kid is considered successful and popular though. I can't remember the music video being aired on TV or that song being on the radio. Yet somehow it's one of their most overplayed songs. Most played song of theirs on Spotify too. Like how? I can't even remember what that song actually songs like. Plus when people talk about the Offspring over here, nobody even knows of that song and the album it was on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×