Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (Meltdown Inactive)

12 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I know it's not going ro happen but I would love a more stripped down AvA album. Lose the synth and shit effects and just let the songs be the songs without all the fluff.

If he did that it'd be a lot harder to deny that the songs are just a bit shit. 

• Like 1

Listening to those clips again, Tom knows how to work a guitar so much better than anyone in blink and it’s not even fair.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Listening to those clips again, Tom knows how to work a guitar so much better than anyone in blink and it’s not even fair.

He is a guitarist, yes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

He is a guitarist, yes. 

Matt Skiba’s a guitarist too and his sounds are trash.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Anyone else think this starts sounding a lot like +44's Cliff Diving?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Mark is a good rhythm guitarist but yeah, no one beats Tom when it comes to pop punk guitar... and whatever you want to call ava

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

giphy.gif

I love Blink. I was pretty late to the party and didn't get into them until late maybe like 2009-10, around the same time I was introduced to AVA. I had exposure well before then, but not enough access to my own music.

I just love everything about AVA even more. Tom's lyrics have suffered for the last few releases, but all the stuff people complain about like long intros, grandiose lyrics, space vibes, repetitive ideas...I can't get enough. The Dream Walker is my least favorite album of theirs, but I can recognize it was a good direction for a lot of reasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whales said:

I love Blink. I was pretty late to the party and didn't get into them until late maybe like 2009-10, around the same time I was introduced to AVA. I had exposure well before then, but not enough access to my own music.

I just love everything about AVA even more. Tom's lyrics have suffered for the last few releases, but all the stuff people complain about like long intros, grandiose lyrics, space vibes, repetitive ideas...I can't get enough. The Dream Walker is my least favorite album of theirs, but I can recognize it was a good direction for a lot of reasons.

Haha that's awesome man, teasing aside it's interesting to hear the perspective of someone who heard all of his stuff at once instead of being a Blink fan first!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha that's awesome man, teasing aside it's interesting to hear the perspective of someone who heard all of his stuff at once instead of being a Blink fan first!

Considering I was only around 8 years old when Untitled came out, I was just late to the party. Bands like Hawk Nelson and Yellowcard were my early introduction to pop punk because of my sister, with Blink coming later because my parents weren't a huge fan of "bad language" and that kind of thing. I don't remember exactly when I started listening to Blink more, but when I was around 14 someone gave me WDNTW on cd and my interest in all things Tom Delonge grew from there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Whales said:

It'd be nice if this first one would be music related and something other than AVA, since we're already aware of that.

New blink? 😁

• Like 1

The question is who does he consider his “core fans” to be? blink fans? Poet Anderson fans? To The Stars Academy donators?

I’d like to hope it’s new music, but it could just be a Bigfoot book.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyone noticing that Jen is almost as delusional as Tom? Tarot cards, energy rocks, always seeing “signs” in dumb shit like two pennies with the heads lined up.

I always wondered how she put up with him for so long, but now it kind of makes sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Whales said:

It'd be nice if this first one would be music related and something other than AVA, since we're already aware of that.

Oy all those false promises of the past can't be ignored but one can hope a collaboration with Travis or, god willing, with Mark. But I wouldn't hold my breath.