The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

46 minutes ago, Neal said:

This question could also be applied to any band with a record label so i don't really care as long as the music's fine

If the musics fine I also don't care but fees going to the label makes sense as said label is putting actual work into your release, with this hilarious situation it does leave room for questions - like if they are using it to pay off stuff with TTS, are the band members still getting fairly compensated in regards to royalties and profits or are they going to be written off with one fee or something and everything else funnels straight back into TTS? when someone buys a record they're supporting that band, not a giant clusterfuck of a failed company that does a bunch of shit they don't care about and tries to scam fans out of cash for 'investments'. 

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

- like if they are using it to pay off stuff with Sony BMG, are the band members still getting fairly compensated in regards to royalties and profits or are they going to be written off with one fee or something and everything else funnels straight back into Sony BMG?

I agree its totally different but i'd call tts the lesser evil to the music industry than any major label out there....

Also i'm 100% sure Ilan is getting payed as much as he wants to get payed, otherwise he wouldn't be there. With David i don't know but I'm sure he knows Tom well enough to decide for himself...

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm no accountant, but aren't those numbers bad? Like, really bad? lol. Why would anyone invest in a company that is 40 million in debt, owes it's "owner" 871k, sales down -46%, and no end in site other than a small AVA tour which can only fill small clubs?

I honestly have no idea, the previous report was picked over when it came out and I think someone said it's not great but not nearly as drastic as it looks to non-accountants haha 

5 hours ago, Kay said:

It's clearly to generate cash for TTS, the question is how much of the profits go to TTS and how much go to the 'band' as a separate entity. 

I suppose that is the overall idea of the 'arts' section of TTS, to generate profit to help further research and supposedly build alien tech and stuff like that.  But Tom's gotta face reality here at some point, a new Angels and Airwaves album, a few books and an animated TV show probably aren't going to get even a quarter of a way to making up for a $40 million deficit, and that's if the deficit doesn't grow anymore, because that album and show are likely still a ways away, and they generated $3 million of that deficit alone over the last 3 months or so it would appear.

Having said that, at the end of the day, I have to give Tom some credit.  He's all in on this stuff, and whether or not he's a pawn in something bigger than he realizes or if one day he proves the doubters wrong with some nuts alien tech, at the very least he's been pursuing his passion.  And that isn't something I could never criticize someone for.

• Like 1

Just had a flick through it there - TTS has 10 employees and revenue of $370k in 2018, very small business. The huge losses are mainly due to how highly they’re valuing shares.

Also, he’s hit his sister (Kari?) up with a $100k-a-year gig as CCO!

Also, one of their risks is:

‘Telepathy. Research into telepathy may require scientific testing on persons, which will expose the company to different risk factors than its other proposed projects’ ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SimonSinick said:

Just had a flick through it there - TTS has 10 employees and revenue of $370k in 2018, very small business. The huge losses are mainly due to how highly they’re valuing shares.

Also, he’s hit his sister (Kari?) up with a $100k-a-year gig as CCO!

Also, one of their risks is:

‘Telepathy. Research into telepathy may require scientific testing on persons, which will expose the company to different risk factors than its other proposed projects’ ?

100k is barely anything in Southern California.