Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (Meltdown Inactive)

4 years ago.... and now he FINALLY admitted quitting (as some sort of sad plea at the end of that TTS video for people to jump on board)

• Like 2

I think everyone knew Tom quit the band.... but I don't think anybody cared the 2nd time he did it. 

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/amp/mark-hoppus-it-would-be-a-total-bummer-if-tom-delonge-doesnt-get-to-go-to-s

"I have not spoken to Tom since before ‘California’ came out. So not for a couple of years. But like I said before there’s no bad blood, it’s just we haven’t spoken. I mean he’s dedicated so much of his life to [UFOs] and so much time and energy researching things and listening to people speak, and talking about it himself, that it would seem like a total bummer if he didn’t get a chance to fly into outer space and see for himself."

-Mark

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

"it would seem like a total bummer if he didn’t get a chance to fly into outer space and see for himself."

That is a low key diss IMO, LOL!!

Here's a teaser for some sort of short doc/film about Tom releasing next week:

https://www.readmeta.com/blog/2019/3/7/teaser-tom-delonge?fbclid=IwAR1MCYmmuJYQZFPZBPoQrwcWwLO-Tgo6yHnesbLYbSrLBp1B3fGDmNwEkHo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/amp/mark-hoppus-it-would-be-a-total-bummer-if-tom-delonge-doesnt-get-to-go-to-s

"I have not spoken to Tom since before ‘California’ came out. So not for a couple of years. But like I said before there’s no bad blood, it’s just we haven’t spoken. I mean he’s dedicated so much of his life to [UFOs] and so much time and energy researching things and listening to people speak, and talking about it himself, that it would seem like a total bummer if he didn’t get a chance to fly into outer space and see for himself."

-Mark

Maybe if Mark donated some of that sick new blink petty cash to TTS then he'd be closer to launching Tom off the planet and into orbit, far, far away. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

So Tom says new AVA/tour this summer as well:

Tom says lots of things....

16 hours ago, b00bies said:

Never knew Tom had a tattoo done on his cheek&sideburns, since when? Screenshot-20190324-011921.png
photo hosting

thats been there a long time.  I remember seeing that in the We Dont Need to Whisper era in the AVA documentary

It was kinda cool. Definitely kinda confirms he got divorced.  He also mentions that with blink going from a little band living in his parents to garage to being one of the biggest bands out there, he realized anything is possible and kinda why he started TTS.  Thats maybe why he does these kinda dumb business is because he just thinks you can do anything no matter what it is.  I remember someone saying that might be his problem with all this.

11 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Do you mean here?

Screenshot-20190324-011921.png

That just looks like grey hair to me.

Yep, right where you put a circle on. It is definitely something in there, never noticed it before, must be connected somehow to that behind the ear tattoo.IMG-20190324-180618.png

Ya know, I think I get it now. If this UFO work gives Tom's life meaning and a reason to wake up every day, fuck blink. It's his passion and I don't want him near blink until he feels that for his old band, if that ever happens. And if it doesn't blink still went farther than anyone would've guessed. Let Travis and Mark do their thing, no matter how much the cowriters sting my blink pride, and Tom can go do his thing.

But yeah, at times Tom looked like he could sure use a hug or something. And yeah he's 100% separated from Jenn. The hard year comment, referencing his parents fighting and how skateboarding took him away from that, comparing motorcycles with skateboarding, reading between the lines, yeah. I hope he finds what he's looking for, even he doesn't end up discovering extraterrestrials. And I think he'll have a lot to draw from on his next AVA album.

• Like 2

The thing is tho he could make shitloads from just writing with blink instead of Angel's and airwaves and the odd tour would pay for all his UFO shit, he wouldn't need to bankrupt himself trying to reach his dream, makes no sense to me