The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Tom is butthurt.

Most likely due to the overwhelming positive fan response from Bored to Death, and the KROQ interviews etc etc.

Tom also knows that if he did say 'It's no longer part of my life, I wish them all the best' and fully admitted he was no part of Blink, a lot of his followers would cease to care about his other posts. He gets it - the band made him famous, why would he reveal how he's acted behind the scenes.

The future is probably open because of the contracts. I'm betting that they left options in there in case of Tom returning. Probably along the lines of: 'If its agreed upon in the future, Tom can re-join but he still will only receive x amount of dollars from sales of merchandise/song rights from the time during his depature'

I could see Tom seeing that as the future being 'open'

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anthem said:

LOL.  This is hilarious, not Toms statement, the fan reaction.  How fucking stupid are you people?  You read these words and interpret it 100% fucking autismly wrong.  How the fuck is Tom insulting Feldman?  Tom is obviously stating Feldmens 'sound' and how he didn't want a producer.  You guys are so anti-Tom you act like these fucking crazy Tombots, only your Mark/Travis bots.  fuck off.

Let's say we give Tom the benefit of the doubt and everything is true and is said in good faith. I'd still make fun of him for being an arrogant asshole "forward thinking musician", who always feels the need to brag about shit that will never be relevant nor important in our society. I'd make fun of Travis and Mark if they articulated themselves in the same tool-like fashion as Tom.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Oh he's absolutely lying.  Think about what he's claiming.  He talks with Travis nearly every day now.  Travis... the guy that Tom openly brought up to everyone online willing to listen that he wanted to kick Travis out (which by the way is outrageous, Tom wanted to kick Travis out because Travis can't travel by plane anymore due to a very legitimate phobia of flying plains, not to mention that Travis was still always willing to work on new music, it was always Tom that couldn't commit, but that's all neither here nor there), not to mention he's also the guy in the band that Tom only ever once had a one-on-one dinner with... and he's talking to him every day?!  Does he really think that we're all that stupid?  

Here's what he's doing, he's trying to make it seem like blink getting back together rests solely on Mark and Travis (which is what he did when they first kicked him out too), and yeah, that is true, that will probably always be true at this point.  But what Tom is failing to realize is that we don't want him back.

Also, great job at that back handed insult to Feldmann Tom, you're a real class act there.  Which I don't for the life of me understand why bringing in a producer (with a background of writing as well) is a bad thing or something to be avoided.  I think Neighborhoods was proof enough that these guys are not even close to at their strongest without a good producer.

Good points. I agree.

you are all nuts. He didn't really say anything too bad.

He probably read all the comments on every picture he posts and thought by himself "ok, now i have to explain a few things"

-Bad move, but not a dick move. I don't think it was intended to harm Mark, Travis or/and Matt. Or even Feldy. If Tom was lying it would be to easy to prove him wrong by Mark and Travis

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

considering what's going down now: They shoud have gone by the name +44. That way if Tom came back they could have kept on playing without any trouble

Fuck that, I'm glad they're blink, and I certainly hope they never let Tom back in the band.  He is a cancer, a liar, horrible live singer and performer, and clearly just doesn't care about the blink-182 fans as a whole, I mean he "cares" in the sense that they gave him money, but he doesn't care that we wanted to hear different songs live, that we demanded new albums more frequently than once every 5 years, etc.  The man's time in this band is done, and has been for a long time.  Good riddance and bring on the Skiba.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Fuck that, I'm glad they're blink, and I certainly hope they never let Tom back in the band.  He is a cancer, a liar, horrible live singer and performer, and clearly just doesn't care about the blink-182 fans as a whole, I mean he "cares" in the sense that they gave him money, but he doesn't care that we wanted to hear different songs live, that we demanded new albums more frequently than once every 5 years, etc.  The man's time in this band is done, and has been for a long time.  Good riddance and bring on the Skiba.

Totally agree. I was just talking about what would have been the easiest thing to do, without causing to much troubles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

you are all nuts. He didn't really say anything too bad.

He probably read all the comments on every picture he posts and thought by himself "ok, now i have to explain a few things"

-Bad move, but not a dick move. I don't think it was intended to harm Mark, Travis or/and Matt. Or even Feldy. If Tom was lying it would be to easy to prove him wrong by Mark and Travis

Its really not that hard dude. Below is a direct insult to Blink. Obviously you don't get backhanded insults, but this is one. Something Tom was fully aware of because the word "felt it was necessary" was later edited to "something they desired" once he got heat I guess

"I think having a song-writer that came in on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was something they felt was necessary"

• Like 1

Well Travis did say they've talked in that link earlier on this page. And they probably have, I don't doubt that.  But I do highly doubt they talk every day.  I bet Tom talked to Travis like twice over the past few months or something like that, and stretched that truth out to them talking every day.

ofcourse it was necessary, Tom worked with multiple co-writers, i'm sure he hasn't forgotten about that. And it wasn't an insult, we all know blink needs a good producer. Blink and Tom themselves realise it too.

And i get backhanded insults, i've been trying to explain why it (according to me) wasn't an insult.

• Like 1

Just now, M!ke said:

Well Travis did say they've talked in that link earlier on this page. And they probably have, I don't doubt that.  But I do highly doubt they talk every day.  I bet Tom talked to Travis like twice over the past few months or something like that, and stretched that truth out to them talking every day.

So then this is a case of you not believing Tom just because.  It's all he said/he said and you guys just hate Tom so NONE of you have anything backing up your shit claims.

• Like 1

I love this website I love my band, our band. But we must recognize that we are the joke of the world's music. I have lived the last year in paradise, finally seeing a band. I spent the last two days with the stereo ball, foreordained all available cd. I met Blink 182 in 2005/06 shortly after the hiatus, I have never seen the band live MINE seriously. Only in 2015 and now I've seen what it's like. I do not love tom, travis, mark or matt. I love Blink 182. I'm sorry that this gentleman I always devoid of what musically love. For a history or for another. After this letter Blink 182 are now dead again. Making fun of an artist who is replacing you (year 2003, you asked advice to him to the masterpiece of your band) and a producer who works with the best bands because you're self-centered? Above all you should be grateful to all of us. You made whole tour with the shirt of your projects, you have not heard even the master of what today we afford to live. Last piece of advice, if I were Matt Skiba drop everything, to play the game of these three does not make sense. Because we are slaves to this gentleman and his games.

Sorry for bad english

• Like 1

Just now, vivalasativa said:

ofcourse it was necessary, Tom worked with multiple co-writers, i'm sure he hasn't forgotten about that. And it wasn't an insult, we all know blink needs a good producer. Blink and Tom themselves realise it too.

And i get backhanded insults, i've been trying to explain why it (according to me) wasn't an insult.

Right because a producer and a songwriter, are the same exact thing.

Maybe you do recognize a backhanded insult when you see when, but tombot fever has stifled you here.

Just now, Anthem said:

So then this is a case of you not believing Tom just because.  It's all he said/he said and you guys just hate Tom so NONE of you have anything backing up your shit claims.

if you're pissed that none of us believe Tom then you might wanna go join another forum. Our hate for Tom on here isn't going away anytime soon. If you can't accept that then move on bro. 

I don't get how you can still support the guy who put us through so many fucking delays and just so much bullshit excuses over the years so he could do AVA while trying to claim he was doing Blink. That's the biggest issue we have with him. We find is shit hard to believe because of everything he's put the fans through over the years. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alkaline_skiba said:

I love this website I love my band, our band. But we must recognize that we are the joke of the world's music. I have lived the last year in paradise, finally seeing a band. I spent the last two days with the stereo ball, foreordained all available cd. I met Blink 182 in 2005/06 shortly after the hiatus, I have never seen the band live MINE seriously. Only in 2015 and now I've seen what it's like. I do not love tom, travis, mark or matt. I love Blink 182. I'm sorry that this gentleman I always devoid of what musically love. For a history or for another. After this letter Blink 182 are now dead again. Making fun of an artist who is replacing you (year 2003, you asked advice to him to the masterpiece of your band) and a producer who works with the best bands because you're self-centered? Above all you should be grateful to all of us. You made whole tour with the shirt of your projects, you have not heard even the master of what today we afford to live. Last piece of advice, if I were Matt Skiba drop everything, to play the game of these three does not make sense. Because we are slaves to this gentleman and his games.

Sorry for bad english

Your English isn't too bad man. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Right because a producer and a songwriter, are the same exact thing.

Maybe you do recognize a backhanded insult when you see when, but tombot fever has stifled you here.

dude i've been shitting on Tom since neighborhoods came out. But too much is too much, he's a person too you know. Time to leave it for what it is. The guy might kill himself with all the bullshit that's hitting him, even a year after he left/got kicked out. 

And i know a producer and a songwriter aren't the same. I'm just using whatever word fits te context better. 

• Like 1