The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

54 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

lol I found this on reddit (all credit to u/Magnius), What Tom really said in his post...I'm dying lol

"We DO have a future together if we want it, but for now we are busy doing separate things. Speaking of the FUTURE I am directing a movie this summer, releasing a couple more albums of music and digging deeper into my Sekret Machines Project (FOR SALE NOW!!) with the US Department of Defense. You can find the release on my new website tothestars.com!!!!!!

I know people are comparing the Angels and Airwaves Chasing Shadows EP (CURRENTLY ON I-TUNES!) to the new Blink-182 music, and that is a failed task. We are different people after different things. For one, I think having a song-writer that came in on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte....LAWL) was something they desired, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. I've just always liked the song-writing I did as I am the CREATOR of Blink 182. But, at the end of the day, I support their desires......desires sounds like a good name for my next album....anyhow....

Earlier this year, I was recording the song NEW WORLD (on the DEMOS album titled after my own name AND SOON TO BE BUNDLED WITH MY FUNKO POP ACTION FIGURE!) and that was my first early opinion of where I could possibly take Blink for the next album and into the Galaxy!! At the end of the day, both of us have ideas, but mine were better... Now, we are at different places in our minds, careers and goals, I get it, just as you should get CHASING SHADOWS also available on Google Play!

But that said, I obviously want them to make the music they wish, as long as I get royalties. I have always been thankful for them in my life because it made me a butt ton of money, but I am a forward thinking artist, and sometimes that leads me down a different and far-reaching path, all the way TO THE STARS! That is why I have done progressive projects like: Box Car Racer, Angels and Airwaves- "LOVE" Feature Film and it's albums 1 & 2, and even the "Dream Walker" Album, with the accompanying animations and Novel etc...and not Blink...they just weren't progressive..you know? FUCK SHIT FUCK...ahh..still have it!

I look forward to my upcoming film and music adventures, and a hell of a lot more...that you can buy for a discounted price when bundled with music that I've only spent a couple days making! ....Maybe throw in a bit of Blink-182, if we can build back that "special something" that was once there, and as long as I don't have to do any more touring...or making music...unless the price is right."

Thank you for the shout-out!  :D

• Like 2

Just now, vivalasativa said:

why would you attack someone that made your favorite tunes for 15 years?

Actually why attack anyone that hasn't done anything personal to you? And even that why would you attack anyone? :lol: Anyway I just didn't get your point on your first post I quoted I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petros said:

Actually why attack anyone that hasn't done anything personal to you? And even that why would you attack anyone? :lol: Anyway I just didn't get your point on your first post I quoted I guess.

everybody is talking shit about him, but if most of us would meet him we would be star-struck and be real polite and stuff. So basically nobody would have the guts to say exactly the same stuff as what has been said here

• Like 2

Just now, vivalasativa said:

everybody is talking shit about him, but if most of us would meet him we would be star-struck and be real polite and stuff

Well of course and that makes total sense to me for some reason while I still get what you're saying.

I mean it's the internet. We're over-criticizing someone for something he did but in real life he hasn't done anything to us so we'd either ignore him or be polite. I don't think anyone here has the right to actually be rude to the guys face he hasn't done anything to any blink fan or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

everybody is talking shit about him, but if most of us would meet him we would be star-struck and be real polite and stuff

I mean yeah, ever since I was a kid I've wanted to meet Tom DeLonge, but after seeing what he's become? Well...

notlikethis.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

i can bet 99% of the tom haters here would go say "hi" in a friendly wayto him if you see him walking down the street

What in the hell are you on about now? What are we supposed to do, go burn down his house?

When I hate someone in real life I don't scowl at them on the streets or beat the shit out of them. wtf is wrong with you?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I mean yeah, ever since I was a kid I've wanted to meet Tom DeLonge, but after seeing what he's become? Well...

notlikethis.jpg

I'm sure you would want to meet him. Don't get me wrong, me too. But with everybody talking shit i'm like "wow guys, calm your tits"

It's a band. It's not like it's the band that will cure aids or something like that

I don't know how I feel about all of this. I kind of feel a bit nervous that Mark and Travis will allow this fucking lunatic to slowly weasel his way back into blink, and then fuck Skiba out of a job.

It sort of feels like a threat.

Do you guys honestly think Mark and Travis would let this manic back in? I fucking hope not... this skiba-182 hayday is a dream come true.

• Like 2

Another thing about this post that pisses me off is at the end when he does the "MAYBE a little blink" AKA MAYBE if they ask me to tour so i can make money but not have to do an album for 5 months.....Like he still wouldn't fully commit the way Mark and Travis want him to. They want to be a REAL band and he just wants to tour and slur words. 

• Like 5

he's updated it again (i think). i've bolded the new stuff. lol he had to add the word "progressive" to prove they're better than blink

Hi everybody-

I understand all the craziness out there in Internet-land, it is an odd time for fans of the Blink-182 legacy, I know- It's odd for me, too.

Well, I met with Mark yesterday, and Travis the week before.... I actually talk to Travis almost every day, now. In an odd way I'm almost closer to him more now than ever.

The answer is this:

We DO have a future together if we want it, but for now we are busy doing separate things. I am directing a movie this summer, releasing a couple more albums of music and digging deeper into my Sekret Machines Project with the US Department of Defense.

I know people are comparing the Angels and Airwaves Chasing Shadows EP to the new Blink-182 music, and that is a failed task. We are different people after different things. For one, I think partnering with a song-writer on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was too far a change, but something they desired, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. I guess I've always just liked the song-writing we did together. But, at the end of the day, I support their desires. And if they are happy, then that's what matters.

Earlier this year, I was recording the song NEW WORLD (on the DEMOS album titled after my own name) and that was my first early opinion of where we could possibly take Blink for the next album. But again, that's just my idea, and I'm only one of three.

At the end of the day, both of us have ideas, but from opposite sides of the road... Now, we are at different places in our minds, careers and goals, I get it.

But that said, I obviously want them to make the music they wish. I have always been thankful for them in my life, but I am a forward thinking artist, and sometimes that leads me down a different and far-reaching path- That is why I have done progressive projects like: Box Car Racer, Angels and Airwaves- "LOVE" Feature Film and it's albums, and even the "Dream Walker" Album, with the accompanying animations and Novel etc...

I look forward to my upcoming film and music adventures, and a hell of a lot more...

....Maybe throw in a bit of Blink-182, if we can build back that "special something" that was once there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I don't know how I feel about all of this. I kind of feel a bit nervous that Mark and Travis will allow this fucking lunatic to slowly weasel his way back into blink, and then fuck Skiba out of a job.

It sort of feels like a threat.

Do you guys honestly think Mark and Travis would let this manic back in? I fucking hope not... this skiba-182 hayday is a dream come true.

i highly doubt it to be perfeclty honest. Why would they? They've been through this before with him. Hell just that other interview Tom said "i don't talk to them really" that was three weeks ago when the interview was given. Is it possible he actually talked since? Sure but i highly doubt it. You know Mark and Travis will most likely have a response to this. I don't believe his whole "i've been talking to Travis every day line" 

1 minute ago, vivalasativa said:

the "maybe" isn't what bothers me so much. It's the "a little blink". He hasn't even started yet and he sounds like he wants to quit

yeah that's really where i was getting at, that whole line "Maybe a little" like i still won't fully commit. 

• Like 1