The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 hours ago, Marik said:

Yes, im also doubting this limited to 100 bullshit. (Which is what made me spur of the moment pull the trigger with overpriced shipping to Canada).

It properly sold out a few hours later in the day, and then more were added to store which are still available now. Infact, i can add 101 posters to my shopping carr right now, and go thru shipping all the way to final confirmation. It'll be a piss off if some people get un-numbered posters like menteined above.

On a side note: today i got my NINE downloads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Sandbag!!!!!!!!! Today you finally got around to shipping me my Green neon sign (version 2 that you quietly swapped to, not the original picture that I purchased), and with the shipping email came the download email!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah! Im so happy i finally get to hear NINE today!!!!! I dont even mind that you sent me another email today saying you didnt receieve as much stock as hoped and cannot send me my PINK vinyl Nine i purchased in sept and that you must refund me for it..... even thou its not sold out in your store and still avail for purchase at this very moment

Haha. Same for me. Paid a good amount for shipping to Europe. I better get a numbered poster...

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Great interview with Ilan, he says they only have 1 other AVA song done at this point (and Tom may change it) so it’s gonna be a longgggg time for this album. Interesting that he said Rebel Girl was originally more disco sounding lol 

Wut? We’ve heard like 5 to 6 clips of different songs PLUS Tom has been in the studio consistently since March 2018. I find it very hard to believe they only have three songs. I’m guessing they have a lot more that are structured songs, but aren’t “finished”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

Wut? We’ve heard like 5 to 6 clips of different songs PLUS Tom has been in the studio consistently since March 2018. I find it very hard to believe they only have three songs. I’m guessing they have a lot more that are structured songs, but aren’t “finished”.

Yeah idk...but he was asked how the new album is coming along and he said they made Rebel Girl and released it, made Kiss & Tell and released it, and have one other song done that they’ve been sitting on, but it’s been awhile and they’re relistening to it with fresh ears. I was surprised as well because I thought Tom said months ago that half was done. But, Ilan’s version makes sense considering how they are handling the two songs we have with videos/separate vinyl/bundles/etc. They’re dragging them out and milking them.

He said now that tour is over they’re hoping to kick it into another gear. Another interesting thing he said is that he made the Kiss & Tell pre-verse guitar riff (and bridge) which I thought for sure was Tom. (Also said it was originally in E, but Tom said he couldn’t sing the chorus that high so they changed it all to D)

25 minutes ago, kibbles said:

He’s already said Summer 2020..

Selective reading.  The fact Tom has this band assembled of genuine musicians and is writing actual music themselves, playing decent setlists, is already a huge leg up on blink.  I'm not even an AvA guy but man I'll take it over rehashed generic pop punk written by outside teams and performed by old jaded dudes.

• Like 3

Part 2 of a great interview with Aaron Rubin, this has tons of cool insight about Tom/AVA and even some blink in there. I didn’t realize he recorded Tom’s stuff for DED and would send it over to Chris Holmes. He also said they have 3 songs done, and that Rebel Girl/K&T were miles ahead of the third and they may scrap it or revisit at this point. 

He kinda talked about the blink breakup/Demos era a tad, said “When Mark/Trav told Tom he was out.”, and also alluded to how hard it is to get Tom to get stuff done in the studio. He even kinda gets in to how he told Tom AVA was being infused in Neighborhoods, and to separate the music from the book stuff lol.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Part 2 of a great interview with Aaron Rubin, this has tons of cool insight about Tom/AVA and even some blink in there. I didn’t realize he recorded Tom’s stuff for DED and would send it over to Chris Holmes. He also said they have 3 songs done, and that Rebel Girl/K&T were miles ahead of the third and they may scrap it or revisit at this point. 

He kinda talked about the blink breakup/Demos era a tad, said “When Mark/Trav told Tom he was out.”, and also alluded to how hard it is to get Tom to get stuff done in the studio. He even kinda gets in to how he told Tom AVA was being infused in Neighborhoods, and to separate the music from the book stuff lol.

does part 1 have any Tom/AVA?Blink related stuff in it?