The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

From what I remember, he made a lot more than 20 grand.

Probably used it to fix up his sweet auto body shop!

Enough more that it would even be relevant to a guy with millions? 

The body shop that saved them money in rent to accomplish the same thing - Not selling any shirts with planets on them?

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

So say someone comes here and offers 100k to @Ghent and @Donald Trump's Bulge for rights to the Hall of Fame topics from 5-15 years ago, and you can keep on doing whatever you want here and it changes absolutely nothing about your everyday life. Y'all aren't listening? And it's fine to be judged if you use the extra cash to pay off a debt (smart), or put it towards something you are super passionate about? That's silly. Take the money and RUN!

this is tombot talk!

If I was a washed up former musician who refused to record, tour, or do any real work besides scamming kids through fake companies and hiring other people to write books and make films for him to scam people through preorder packages....then hell yeah it would be an attractive idea to cash out!

I'm not criticizing the move, I'm criticizing the circumstances and decisions that led to the move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

So say someone comes here and offers 100k to @Ghent and @Donald Trump's Bulge for rights to the Hall of Fame topics from 5-15 years ago, and you can keep on doing whatever you want here and it changes absolutely nothing about your everyday life. Y'all aren't listening? And it's fine to be judged if you use the extra cash to pay off a debt (smart), or put it towards something you are super passionate about? That's silly. Take the money and RUN!

Bad analogy, the HOF topics aren't  assets. We don't make money off them.

If I got loads of money and the HOF topics are paying me monthly for the rest of my life, no I am not giving them up for a lump sum payout at this age. They are my babies. I'd only give them up if, like Ghent said, I was in financial stress.

This is likely a forced liquidation to cover his debts.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

If I was a washed up former musician who refused to record, tour, or do any real work besides scamming kids through fake companies and hiring other people to write books and make films for him to scam people through preorder packages....then hell yeah it would be an attractive idea to cash out!

I'm not criticizing the move, I'm criticizing the circumstances and decisions that led to the move.

Everything's fine Ghent!  Just need to sell a few more pre-order packages of 2-song EP's and then he can FINALLY find out what's going on above Antarctica!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

why are you so hung up on him hiring people to help him write books, but if blink hires people to help them write songs it's all of a sudden okay?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Neal said:

why are you so hung up on him hiring people to help him write books, but if blink hires people to help them write songs it's all of a sudden okay?

Nobody helps Tom write books. He pays people to write the books.

Also, Tom is not an author. If he was, I wouldn't have an issue with him collaborating with other authors. He uses them to chuck his name on something and sell it to dumb kids in preorder packages.

i laugh at most of the stuff tom does, or promises to do. He's so dellusional it's kinda hurtful to watch at times.....

i still love the music he puts out, and dont care what he does with his finances or his wife/girlfriend. i don't get why so many people here that clearly hate the guy and claim they don't care for him are still so obsessed over every move he makes.

If that makes me a tombot, i'll wear the title with pride!

i'd rather be a tombot, than a tom "angry ex gf" kind of person

• Like 3

tom writes a brief version of a story, then gives it to a writer to make it into book form. does that make his books good? i don't think so, and also i can't tell because i only read two of them.

But it's a very common procedure in the author world, and the only reason i can think of why tom doing that is not okay in @Ghent his eyes is that he's still upset about what tom did to blink

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

To The Stars Academy is the equivalent of Trump University to me.

yeah it's scummy.

but this is about him selling his music rights, not about TTS. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kay said:

yeah it's scummy.

but this is about him selling his music rights, not about TTS. 

And I think he's selling his music rights because his scam has failed miserably. The fine print of that company, plus the divorce, and everything else going on with him definitely point to this.

That is why I lol at it. I don't have sympathy for scammers. I'd rather him use blink to tour for cash every few years than scam people. At least he would be earning it.

TTSA is ridiculous, and i don't even understand what it is supposed to be. the fact that they raised that much money is insane to me. i just don't think tom is smart enough in finances to pull such a thing off .... but what do i know.

him selling his songcredits to that company is fucking smart though. that company will make loads of money after he dies and he gets a fair share in that number while he is still alive, while still getting a small payout on top of the initial payout that was probably between 20-50m ......

broke or not, that was a good move, end of story

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

Yeah if Tom was one of the only artists doing this then I would think it’s kind of odd but there’s some pretty huge artists that are doing the same thing which is interesting for sure. 

A lot of the songs they have the rights to, it's not the main artist's rights they own. Many appear to be a songwriter or producer that I've never heard of. The blink equivalent would probably be Jerry Finn.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'd rather him use blink to tour for cash every few years than scam people. At least he would be earning it.

the reason blink sells that many tickets this day is thanks to the songs he wrote 10-20 years ago.  he earned that money just as much as any other artist in his position....

if that wasn't true, mark travis and skiba would've started a new band, or would just play mark and skiba songs...... they keep those songs in the set, because those songs still sell tickets....

that money he earned fair and square. TTS though is a total different story

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

TTSA is ridiculous, and i don't even understand what it is supposed to be. the fact that they raised that much money is insane to me. i just don't think tom is smart enough in finances to pull such a thing off .... but what do i know.

him selling his songcredits to that company is fucking smart though. that company will make loads of money after he dies and he gets a fair share in that number while he is still alive, while still getting a small payout on top of the initial payout that was probably between 20-50m ......

broke or not, that was a good move, end of story

Or he could have passed those song royalties on to his children and birdie for them to collect for the rest of their lives. Instead he cashed out and will blow it on some dumb idea.