The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

The fact that Tom is adding significantly to that Facebook post is clearly an indication the he rushed that post out to begin with.  Like I bet he read just one too many posts of fans bothering him about what he thinks of Bored to Death or whatever, and he said, "Fuck it! I gotta give my side of the story"  Except all that did was provide us with more fuel for the thank god Tom is gone fire, which is exactly what happened last year when he was kicked out and gave that Facebook sob story about how he was still in the band but finding it hard to commit.  

I think its kinda funny how in 2008 when Mark made a post saying that he and Travis have been talking to Tom and we all went nuts, couldn't believe it was happening, and we're dying for it to mean for blink to come back together.  And now, Tom posts the same kind of post, that he's been (apparently) talking to Mark and Travis, and we're all just like fuck off Tom, please Mark and Travis, never let him back in the band.  Crazy how feelings can change so drastically.  The reality is though that Tom did this all to himself.  If he were the one trying to make music with Mark and Travis, but they could never commit, I'd be saying screw Mark and Travis, but that's not the situation at all, and it never was.

• Like 4

This motherfucker is still using the wrong fucking it's/its. Fucking shit. Learn to read before you spew your pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

Go back to high school you ingrate.

they never went to school to find out that they were full of shit,
didn't really either,
but fuck i guess it really doesn't matter

Please go back. It does matter.

I don't hate Tom, I don't even get mad about things like this at all. But I am definitely sad and disappointed in how he's changed over the years, especially all the self-loathing/talking down about Blink.

I mean a perfect example is right after the first breakup. It was still unclear what the fuck happened, but nobody had shown any bad blood or anything yet. Suddenly word gets out that Tom has this new band, I was stoked to hear it! Here was one of my favorite musicians coming up with something new. Rad. Then he shows up in what looks like a bad wig singing faux-U2 songs and saying his new band is a thousand times better than Blink and would cause a rock and roll revolution. What the fuck, didn't I just see this dude like a year ago in my favorite band?? His personality has ebbed and flowed ever since, but the fact that he seems to have veered closest to the Bad Wig dude permanently just makes me bummed out.

• Like 2

delonge got a habit of updating, refreshing or just deleting his own posts, on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook - whatever 

he always does it, which proves once, that he want so much look like good boy, in favorable light. and absolutely no matter what he should say for it. fake and liar.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, blink_punk said:

You people are just sick... Fueling your lives with hate, and probably in denial about that. I just can't believe how far you can take this anti Tom thing.

my life's pretty buttery bro. no hate, just pure awesome sauce. fuck delonge.

• Like 2

Listening to Box Car Racer right now and it's probably some of my favorite stuff Tom has ever written. 

I still can't believe how much he changed, its really sad. 

I get that people grow up and mature, but he really went from one end of the spectrum to the other.

• Like 2

Just now, blink_punk said:

You people are just sick... Fueling your lives with hate, and probably in denial about that. I just can't believe how far you can take this anti Tom thing.

Its mostly just a celebration of thank god we don't have to deal with this kind of nonsense in the band anymore.  Pretty great to have great new blink while we can just watch Tom implode from a distance.  If you're a fan of blink-182, then I'd think you'd get it too.  I mean the implications of this lineup change to blink-182 are fantastic: perhaps they'll vary up the setlist, maybe play longer sets, we'll likely get albums far more often, the guitarist/singer won't sound like shit at every show, the list goes on and on.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Its mostly just a celebration of thank god we don't have to deal with this kind of nonsense in the band anymore.  Pretty great to have great new blink while we can just watch Tom implode from a distance.  If you're a fan of blink-182, then I'd think you'd get it too.  I mean the implications of this lineup change to blink-182 are fantastic: perhaps they'll vary up the setlist, maybe play longer sets, we'll likely get albums far more often, the guitarist/singer won't sound like shit at every show, the list goes on and on.

i recall mark saying in an interview that a blink show has no point of being longer than 1.30h or 2h... can't remember where though

Call me sick but I honestly have the highest hopes that this album/tour just explodes and puts Blink straight back on the map. Meanwhile Delonge's shit movies/books/music tank he finds himself completely in shambles lost and confused with nothing left but a small crowd of fucked up crackpot fans that are still in as much denial as him. #fingerscrossed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

i recall mark saying in an interview that a blink show has no point of being longer than 1.30h or 2h... can't remember where though

Yeah I know, people have mentioned this a lot.  And he may have been telling the truth.  But honestly I think it was a lie to cover for the fact that Tom never wanted to play longer than an hour and a half.  If they were playing even 2 hours every night, I don't think I'd even care if their shows never went longer, but at max they seem to only do an hour and a half, and with a catalog as large as theirs, they need to start playing longer shows, far too many great songs were never getting played live (of course it didn't help that they hardly ever changed up the set, and if they ever did, they only would swap out one or two songs).

I don't completely hate the guy that I want his life to be ruined. That's pretty rough. He was a douchebag to the fans and Mark and Travis but he never killed anyone. 

I really enjoyed his music but the majority of the stuff he writes now I don't care for.

If he can write some pretty solid music and keep out of Blink's business then I would be happy for him and support his music. The constant bringing up Blink and feeling like he has to show his feelings to fans needs to stop. 

• Like 1