The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

14 hours ago, Clarke said:

What's your problem? I'm questioning Kevin about his life. Getting to know him in a sense. It has nothing to do with the healthiness of this site. It's doing quite well to tell you the truth.

Then take it to PM if you really do care about it that much. It's coming across patronising and belittling the way you're doing it so publicly. 

To be honest I'm amazed Clarke can pin point one of us that he deems to be "not very bright" because his general tone with discussing anything on here with anyone is with arrogant disdain. I would love to know who you think is bright, Clarke. is anyone here as bright as you? are any of us lucky enough to reach such a high standard? 

• Like 1

I don't understand Tom's logic. You will say who does right? But he says he's working on this huge thing about ufos and he doesn't have time for being in a band. So he does only that. How is this not "investigating to ufos"? Somebody explain.

• Like 1

Just now, Clarke said:

There are quite a handful of people I've talked to on here that I think are bright. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to insult somebody by saying they aren't bright. It's not something they can help. But it is worth pointing out sometimes when we are talking about bigger pictures.

lol jesus christ, dude.

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

There are quite a handful of people I've talked to on here that I think are bright. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to insult somebody by saying they aren't bright. It's not something they can help. But it is worth pointing out sometimes when we are talking about bigger pictures.

If I had to name a few people, i'd consider somebody like Notnow to be a very bright person. I'd consider Oliver even to be brighter than many of the people here, just by reading over the arguments that people get into with him. There are more people who I view as bright. It's just unfortunate that I don't see Kevin as one. It doesn't mean that he's not honest, nice, or worth talking to.

For the record NotNow (his real name is Brendan fyi) is quite switched on, I'm a big fan. but even if you don't see it as an insult you must see why it's been perceived as such, right?

• Like 1

I had a friend like Clarke once. He said thinly veiled insults without even knowing it. I remember one time I was at my college and I saw said friend and he asked me how I got accepted here, basically implying I was too dumb to get into community college. I was basically like "fuck you, dude.".

All in all they mean well. Good entertainment.

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I can see how other people can perceive it as one.  But to tell you the truth, I don't view it as something that anybody should "know better" for.  If somebody isn't very bright, I'm not going to judge the person in other areas.  But I will bring it up if I have to, especially when there's a greater topic at stake.

the topic had literally nothing to do with intelligence, Kevin's or otherwise. you pulled that out of thin air and you knew fully well how it would come across. I know you're the king of back pedalling but that is glaringly obvious to everyone here. 

You entertain the heck out of me, Clarke and sometimes we're on the same page but sometimes you make it very difficult to like you. 

Just now, Clarke said:

I don't view him as a dumbass.  But lets say I did.  It still wouldn't be his fault at all.

I don't know. If you don't take the effort to apply yourself and learn, isn't it then your fault? Unless of course you're mentally handicapped.

3 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I don't view him as a dumbass.  But lets say I did.  It still wouldn't be his fault at all.

I think I remember asking you a while ago if you were dropped on your head as an infant. That was my way of saying that your lack of intelligence isn't your fault.

• Like 1

dude, calling someone "not bright" implies that they have a low IQ. the lower the IQ, the closer one is to being deemed "mentally retarded." so, its totally an insult to someone who definitely does not fall into that category by any means. 

i guess we should make a thread for clarke where we can all post our college transcripts and work resumes.

• Like 1

If I had to name a few people, i'd consider somebody like Notnow to be a very bright person. I'd consider Oliver even to be brighter than many of the people here, just by reading over the arguments that people get into with him. There are more people who I view as bright. It's just unfortunate that I don't see Kevin as one. It doesn't mean that he's not honest, nice, or worth talking to.

e8936470f6647d1617cd56799f9e6ca1.jpg you're taking about this guy right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2