The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

7 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

Was just saying he isn't particularly overweight more than anything else.

Cheer up grumpy!

It's relative. But as Ghent said, most younger woman want their over 40 y/o man to be close to abs or at least not excess weight. That's the tradeoff for selecting someone older. Well there is other stuff, but that is one of them. Of course with Tom there is a history there, so they can look past his pot belly and think of how cool he once was.

In terms of being over weight in general, Tom is not really much different than the average 40 y/o.

Yeah, objectively i don't think he's overweight. but as i said, he's playing a different game than the average 40 year old. playing the teenage girl game, you should probably not have a beer belly and a bloated face!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, objectively i don't think he's overweight. but as i said, he's playing a different game than the average 40 year old. playing the teenage girl game, you should probably not have a beer belly and a bloated face!

He clearly doesn't want the teenage girl fandom though so he probably doesn't really give a shit about having a body like a temple.

I think his fans are probably a pretty even split of guys and girls too, mainly teens and youngsters of course (although it's clear he wants to appeal to a much more mature audience) which goes back to my point about him being too fussed on how he looks physically.

He's not Zac Efron...

35 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

He clearly doesn't want the teenage girl fandom though so he probably doesn't really give a shit about having a body like a temple.

I think his fans are probably a pretty even split of guys and girls too, mainly teens and youngsters of course (although it's clear he wants to appeal to a much more mature audience) which goes back to my point about him being too fussed on how he looks physically.

He's not Zac Efron...

I don't think he actually wants to bang a teenager, but I bet he enjoys the idea that they dig him.

Im just gonna leave this photo here.

65e1385dfe47d03bbed5a4d9d045bc96.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Obviously he's still catering to teens. "Poet Anderson" is a blatant attempt at creating his own little Harry Potter. isn't it about a foul mouthed teenage school boy who drifts off to fantasy land or something stupid?

I think more than anything Tom thinks he's only ever appealed to teens.  I don't think he realizes that a lot of blink fans are in their 20s and 30s now and they still love blink and what he did in the band.  It's clear that he thought blink was mostly a joke, and he thought that AaA was what was going to get him to appeal to people of all ages.  When the reality was all he had to do was stick with blink, and he'd have seen that he'd be reaching people of all ages as they got older and still loved the music.

• Like 1