The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

https://medium.com/@brosandprose/hillary-clinton-alt-right-me-71506d111d7d#.ncilg2z4z

@Patient #48273 Interesting read that appeared on my Facebook timeline. Just another example of how there are people offended by herpes jokes and STI stigma, and as predicted, it's beginning to hit Facebook. There's only going to be more of this kind of thing. 

Did that come across your timeline because you're part of a herpes support group?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

https://medium.com/@brosandprose/hillary-clinton-alt-right-me-71506d111d7d#.ncilg2z4z

@Patient #48273 Interesting read that appeared on my Facebook timeline. Just another example of how there are people offended by herpes jokes and STI stigma, and as predicted, it's beginning to hit Facebook. There's only going to be more of this kind of thing. 

Dude, if you read the article , people ended up being total assholes to this chick, directly calling her ugly and other names that were totally unwarranted. People should have more class than that. However, that is not at all the same as mark on stage making a herpes joke, or any one else making a herpes joke. Nobody's saying joking about herpes in general is a bad thing 

15 hours ago, Clarke said:

Again, if there are such people, they're a good argument for making herpes jokes.

22 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Haven't visited this thread in a while...

Still talking about herpes?

Bye.

Again, not still. Clarke brought it up again yesterday because he (incorrectly) thought he found an article to support his point in the herpes joke debate.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Clarke said:

I made an attempt to read this, eyes glazed over 2 lines in, closed it out, said "eh, I am bored so let me read it" Tried again, and again eyes glazed over 2 lines in. Closed it.

Sorry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

I mean I don't blame you, it's a shit article really. 

And laura, the article clearly supports what I've been saying all along.

Lol no it absolutely does not. It highlighted people directly being mean and insulting her, that's clearly much worse and disrespectful than mark making a joke about his own herpes or just herpes in general. He never called out someone in the crowd who had herpes and called her an ugly slut. There is a huge difference and you have no rationalization skills at all. I really think you're 10 years old.

The bit of that article I read was awful to read. Milo Yianoppolous has done a lot of shitty things but, the situation she described was ridiculous. He wrote a negative review of Ghostbuster and his fans said racist shit to Leslie Jones so he is responsible for a "harassment campaign"? What? I was about done after I read that.

If "accepting" something, in this case herpes, means that we cannot joke about them, especially in the way that Mark did, I think we have lost our way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decisions said:

The bit of that article I read was awful to read. Milo Yianoppolous has done a lot of shitty things but, the situation she described was ridiculous. He wrote a negative review of Ghostbuster and his fans said racist shit to Leslie Jones so he is responsible for a "harassment campaign"? What? I was about done after I read that.

If "accepting" something, in this case herpes, means that we cannot joke about them, especially in the way that Mark did, I think we have lost our way.

Definitely.

Seriously Clarke, this was in the past, you came across like a total idiot and basically no one was on your side. why the hell would you bring it back up again, knowing exactly what was going to happen? do you crave attention that badly?

• Like 1