The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

• 3 weeks later...

I like that part, has more melodic sense than the vast majority of parts on California, and that's me giving California the benefit of the doubt because I can't recall a single guitar part on that album I really like besides the punk chords that showed up on about 5% of the album on the two joke songs and Cynical.

However I worry that if Tom were to use that part in a song it would be horribly overproduced with nonsensical lyrics. Although I don't believe it's impossible for him to break out of his slump - every once in a while a song like Anomaly comes out and it's clear there's still something there. The guy has songwriting talent he just doesn't really understand how to use it.

• Like 2

It's a pretty simple riff but it's a lot better than anything on California. If only Tom would to go into the studio with a producer then it could turn into something pretty decent. Even if he brought something like that to Mark and Travis, I'm sure they could write a pretty cool song with it . But like others said, if he uses it for AVA then he will destroy it with synths and awful lyrics.

• Like 2