The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah seriously, this shit is embarrassing. Look at Mark's dye job here, it looks totally unnatural and fake:

oj8GVqJ.png

Come on, Mark. Just accept that your hair is graying and own it ffs.

Tom's not much better, though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I disagree. A dye job that's properly done won't look ridiculous on anyone. Sometimes that means leaving some grey and a skilled professional can judge that well.

its absolutely true for men. i remember getting my hair colored when i was 22 because i was embarrassed about getting gray hair. some pictures exist from when that happened and it looks pretty obvious. i admittedly have always gone to really expensive hair stylists because i have thick wavy hair and its easy to fuck up. the guy who colored it that time definitely knew what he was doing. he cuts hair for that band The Naked and Famous now. 

i stand by my statement. your face ages and so does your hair. if one contradicts the other, people will know. 

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah seriously, this shit is embarrassing. Look at Mark's dye job here, it looks totally unnatural and fake.

interesting side note; he told me at the josie shoot (april 98) that he picked purple because it's his favorite color. it then slowly faded to pink, and was pink through may 98; here's a shot i took on may 1, 1998 at the hollywood palladium.

blink_scott_s_last_show_mark_6x5.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I'll be 28 this year and a lot of my friends went grey, they talk about grey hair all the time because they can't stand it. I just look at my phone, I'm glad I still don't have grey hair...for now... famous last words.

Even Mark looks better with grey hair, I hated this fake colour http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hairstyle_views/front_view_images/2189/original/Mark-Hoppus.jpg

Can not tell that's fake at all imo

22 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, but choosing George Clooney over some fat guy isn't really fair, Clooney is like 1 out of 1000 guys who looks better in their 50's than in their 20's. It doesn't usually go like that.

Some grey can indeed look good if you do it right, I don't think Matt's looks good on him, makes him look really old. I think if he mixed some of that out he'd look a lot better.

Mate, the question here is... who do you think you would be able to fill for? Clooney or Berlusconi?

Hahaha, joking here :)

• Like 2

My local radio station just said Tom informed them that they must know the only reason he wasn't on the last Blink album is because he was busy. And that he could be on the next album whenever he wanted to.

Not sure if they were just referring to that article, but nonetheless thought I'd share.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Imagine for a moment that Tom was back in the band. Would they still perform California songs at shows? Can you imagine Tom singing any of those songs? It'd be interesting for sure.

Haha that would be very strange. I definitely can't see him just stepping in and singing Skiba's parts, so I doubt they'd play anything unless they were continuing as a 4-piece or Mark just sang the vocals.

• 2 weeks later...

MJ: Are you at all worried this will be seen as an attack on faith?

TD: I'm not worried about it but understand that it will happen. I grew up in a Christian family. My mom was a nondenominational Christian—you know, baptizing everybody, all that kind of stuff, singing songs on Sunday. I was forced to go to church for so long, and it wasn't until I traveled the world, when I was in the Middle East and reading about all the different religions in the world, that I thought, "Wow, something's kind of funky with my religion."

Interesting. But also how did he not know this until you were, what? 28?